Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Fluffy66
    Best & Easiest `Free' Website Creator?
    • 25th Sep 12, 2:06 PM
    Best & Easiest `Free' Website Creator? 25th Sep 12 at 2:06 PM
    Hi All

I would like to create a website for my partner's business but we cannot afford to pay a company to create one.

I've seen many advertisements for creating `free' sites and believe it just involves paying to register a domain name and hosting fee.

Could anyone give me advice on which is the best to go for, i.e. cheapest, easiest in terms of setting up and maintaining (read that as easy for a dummy!). I have no experience, whatsoever, in setting up a website so really do need it to be simpleton-user-friendly.

I think I read on one of the posts that an MSE member had used 1 & 1 (or something like that) but that more costs were incurred along the way when the user wanted to edit the site.

I would be so grateful if I could be pointed in the right direction as I've tried googling `recommended' freebie sites but feel a little bamboozled as I'm not quite sure what to look for.

In case the subject matter of the intended use makes a difference it is for my partner's window blind supply and fitting service, bearing in mind the blinds are made-to-measure so customers would not be able to actually purchase them online.

Thank you
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

3,429Users online

Martin's Twitter