Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • toniq
    • By toniq 4th Sep 12, 5:59 PM
    • 27,054 Posts
    • 550,615 Thanks
    • 4th Sep 12, 5:59 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 5:59 PM
    Try the staples comp, everyone wins!

• Purple_Skull
    • By Purple_Skull 4th Sep 12, 6:04 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 27,709 Thanks
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:04 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:04 PM
    I came to say what toniq said. Find some comps with a big number of winners and try those. Lots of my wins are from comps where 100-1000 people win. Also things on Facebook like the Cadburys, Curiously Cinnamon and Lindt giveaways are a good bet if you check often enough to catch them.

Keep trying and good luck

May you all have lots of luck, Emma xx
    • Madrabbitgirl
    • By Madrabbitgirl 4th Sep 12, 6:07 PM
    • 933 Posts
    • 2,356 Thanks
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:07 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:07 PM
    How long have you been comping for? It can take a few weeks or longer before any wins come through. Also what sort of comps are you going for? If you are only going for the big prizes there will be less chance of a win. I try to enter a variety of different comp. Also the number of comps you are entering can make a big difference. Although mostly it is just down to luck I'm afraid! Some people enter hundreds a day with no wins and other people enter the odd comp here and there and seem to get good wins!
    I got a few nice prizes last month, not really big wins but I was happy with them. Nothing so far this month but it is only the beginning! It can make you feel a bit miserable if you are entering loads without a win. If you aren't enjoying it then maybe it's not the hobby for you but if you have only just started maybe give it a bit longer before you give up! Once you get a couple of wins it's quite addictive!
    July: Red Bull Tropical Wings
    • independance
    • By independance 4th Sep 12, 6:15 PM
    • 1,457 Posts
    • 7,324 Thanks
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:15 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:15 PM
    Don't give up your time will come. Nobody wins all the time, most have a dry spell. Sending lucky dust your way. Also
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 4th Sep 12, 6:21 PM
    • 122,170 Posts
    • 2,918,414 Thanks
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:21 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:21 PM
    hiya, as madrabbitgirl & independance say,
    you've got to give it time & must keep trying
    sending lots of good luck wishes for you x
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh, 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh
  • sofaloafz
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:57 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 6:57 PM
    Take a look at my sig - not all of my wins are in there (all the biggies are)! I started at the end of May
    2014 Alphabet Challenge
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    Win 2014 in 2014: 95/2014
    20 prizes valued 14+: 2/20
    Best win in 2013: 1 week all-inclusive holiday to St Lucia!
  • Elledee
    • 4th Sep 12, 7:13 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 7:13 PM
    It can take months for a prize to come through. I enter about 50-100 per day and I've not won anything for weeks! I have just found that entering competitions is a way for me to chill out & unwind at night & anything that comes through the letter box is a bonus. Dont stress & you'll win something eventually.
    Nov - organix hamper & 50 tesco voucher
    Jan - Boon Baby bath frog & bath toys
    Feb - 2 cinema tickets
    March - 2 cinema tickets/3 packs of baby porridge/Coors t-shirt
    April - nothing!
    May - 2 tickets to home show
    • Pechow
    • By Pechow 4th Sep 12, 9:41 PM
    • 698 Posts
    • 7,265 Thanks
    • 4th Sep 12, 9:41 PM
    • 4th Sep 12, 9:41 PM
    It's been over a year since I started and nothing. Your luck can't be as bad as mine Do the FB and Twitter comps if you don't already, a lot of people find they're luckier with those, lower odds and all.
    • neverlikedpeas
    • By neverlikedpeas 4th Sep 12, 10:41 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 4,890 Thanks
    It's just down to luck.I enter around 500 a week and didn't win anything in August, not a bar of chocolate or a CD.I got really lucky in May and won my summer holiday.Perhaps that was the only biggie i ever win, who knows what's round the corner.If you keep at it I don't think anyone could enter 500 a week and not win anything for months and months...unless your name is Pechow
    • ThunderCat
    • By ThunderCat 4th Sep 12, 10:42 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 6,445 Thanks
    Stay positive. Take a mini break from comping if needs be. Been two years since I won a 'big' prize. But I know that an ITV win is just around the corner.
    You've got to be in it to win it!
    500/2014 of prizes in 2014!
  • Barnabysue
    One thing's for sure, you stand even less chance of winning if you stop entering. Have a break if it's getting to you, then come back refreshed and have another go.
    Luck is believing youre lucky Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night Anonymous

• daviduk1976
    I started late july......your time will come
    TOTAL 2013 3100
    TOTAL 2014 1250

TOTAL 2015: 500 winning:2 tkts to theatre, Cap1 Footie, weeks holiday in lakes.
    • faulky01
    • By faulky01 4th Sep 12, 11:22 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    I've been comping for 3 years and I've had a few good wins but lots of quiet points inbetween. Since 2011 onwards I have to say that the number of people doing comps has increased dramatically and the odds of winning have sadly lowered but as they say "you have to be in it to win it" - good luck all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

297Posts Today

1,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • While I oft bemoan Xmas being a retail festival. It's strange today many are bitter that shops are REDUCING prices, usually its the opposite

• And leave people held hostage to high Xmas prices? Our tradition was Xmas discounts spread in Nov/Dec not on one day

• John Lewis website is down - its price matching black friday deals. Maybe its a good day to buy cheap extra servers?

• Follow Martin