Dulux paint at B&Q

Options
Alison_B
Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 31 July 2012 at 1:10PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Just got back from B&Q Warrington and they had on offer Dulux 2.5L ready mixed coloured emulsion. For one can it is £23.98 or you can get 2 x 2.5L cans for £20.

The offer is also available on-line http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/special_offers/special_offers.jsp&noleftnav=true&menu=specialoffers

Official MoneySavingExpert insert:B&Q has confirmed that this promotion is available through Reserve & Collect online and in-store till Thu 23 Aug 2012 and includes all 2.5 litre tins of ready-mixed coloured emulsion paint. As with all offers, it's subject to availability. There's no max per customer.

If you're after Dulux paint specifically, now would be a good time to stock up, since tins can cost up to £26.98 each; but there are plenty of own-brand paints available for less, so it's worth checking these out before buying any. Thanks to Alison_B for posting this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks, have reserved 2 online to collect tomorrow. It's showing price at just under £38 total, but hope that's just the way the system works and I'll only be charged £20 in store.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • andy.m_2
    andy.m_2 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Options
    at my B&Q yesterday it was their own brand "expressions" or something like that, normally £17.98 a tin but 2 for £20.

I find B&Q to be at best incompetant
    Sealed pot challange no: 339
  • shoe*gal_2
    shoe*gal_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Options
    It's definitely Dulux - there are massive signs up in my local B&Q. I got two pots of Endurance paint for the hall (usually over £25 each), bathroom paint with the anti mould stuff and Light and Space emulsion. It came to £98 then £58 was deducted at the till. Bargain - now I just have to find the time to paint everything.
  • harty999
    harty999 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    andy.m wrote: »
    at my B&Q yesterday it was their own brand "expressions" or something like that, normally £17.98 a tin but 2 for £20.

I find B&Q to be at best incompetant

B&Q Everywhere paint is also on offer 2 for £20
    As is the Dulux
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I asked when this ends via facebook. Apparently it's August 23rd.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    !!!!!!. another excuse gone for not doing the decorating :(
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thank you OP i am in need of paint for various rooms so shall go on Saturday . its a 70mile round trip so only go to "town" once a month
  • shoe*gal_2
    shoe*gal_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    Options
    thank you OP i am in need of paint for various rooms so shall go on Saturday . its a 70mile round trip so only go to "town" once a month

You might be best of reserving online if you know what colours you want. My store was very limited in what they had left and the colour I wanted was not in stock. Even if you just put your store in the box on the reserve bit it will tell you whether your store has it or it's limited stock. You don't want a wasted trip when you're going that far.
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for this, i need paint for my bedroom and passage so this is perfect and cheap!
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • repton
    repton Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Great deal thanks - does anyone know roughly how many tins (2.5L) it would take to paint the hallways in an average 3 bed house with loft conversion? - got 6 would I need more? thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure