Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    freddieT
    Company car and fuel card tax
    • 25th Jun 12, 9:05 PM
    Company car and fuel card tax 25th Jun 12 at 9:05 PM
    A role I have been offered comes with a company car and a fuel card with all private mileage included (or so i understand it) and am tyring to work out what this will cost me annually.

I think I have figured out the car element, based on a BMW116d I will pay 40% tax on 13% of the list price. this equates to about 1,086 (20885 * 0.13 * 0.40).

in terms of the fuel though i am struggling to understand how this works. the company will provide me with a fuel card to fill up the car every time I am at the pump. I will commute 30k milles per year and probably do about 7k miles of private usage.

This being the case can anyone tell me how to calculate what tax i will pay based on these 37k miles per year. i think commuting is classed as private so i essentially will not be doing many (if any) "business" mileage. the reason i am getting a fuel card is becuase the commute is hefty...!

thanks to anyone who can provide any help and advice.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,085Posts Today

6,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin