Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • lolly5648
    • By lolly5648 21st Jun 12, 11:51 PM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    lolly5648
    • 21st Jun 12, 11:51 PM
    • 21st Jun 12, 11:51 PM
    Thanks for this - it is good to get details of free books that aren't just for Kindle. I have a Sony ereader
  • Hmm
    • 27th Jun 12, 8:15 AM
    • 27th Jun 12, 8:15 AM
    Last week I came across some free Amazon ebooks on this site and it has details of how to download an application on Amazon that allows you to read Kindle ebooks on your PC

savelivelove.com/free-ebooks/
    • janineo
    • By janineo 27th Jun 12, 9:09 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    janineo
    • 27th Jun 12, 9:09 AM
    • 27th Jun 12, 9:09 AM
    It's possible to put kindle books on your Sony eReader, it just isn't quite legal.

It's a similar argument to the ripping CDs to MP3s though - you've paid for the item, why can't you change the format to suit your gadgets?

If you can get the Kindle books into .mobi format then freeware 'calibre' can convert them into ePub, which the Sony reader understands.

Google is your friend here.
    • lolly5648
    • By lolly5648 27th Jun 12, 9:37 AM
    • 2,210 Posts
    • 1,177 Thanks
    lolly5648
    • 27th Jun 12, 9:37 AM
    • 27th Jun 12, 9:37 AM
    It's possible to put kindle books on your Sony eReader, it just isn't quite legal.

It's a similar argument to the ripping CDs to MP3s though - you've paid for the item, why can't you change the format to suit your gadgets?

If you can get the Kindle books into .mobi format then freeware 'calibre' can convert them into ePub, which the Sony reader understands.

Google is your friend here.
    Originally posted by janineo
    I tried this about a year ago but I couldn't make it work. Not sure what I was doing wrong but I might give it another go. My husband has paid for Kindle books and I don't see the difference between putting it on my ereader as well or sharing the kindle. Thanks for reminding me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

621Posts Today

3,767Users online

Martin's Twitter