OK, so had first month on DMP wobble but going great now!

Nivea_2
Nivea_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
edited 7 August 2012 at 9:26AM in Debt-free wannabe
Hi Guys

I am on month 2 of my DMP with CCCS, I have to say they are fantastic! all my creditors (5 of them) have agreed to the plan and have either completely stopped interest and charges or having reduced interest signifcantly.

Don't know if it pure luck but all letters from creditors have been ok - thank you for letting us know, want to supoprt you, agree to repayment plan etc - and I haven't had one single phonecall ???? very strange

Anyway, reason for my post is I have decided to blitz the house and do some ebaying, and 4 days in I have already got £220 in the kitty! sold old Blackberry, old school Gucci sunglasses, a Lorna Bailey jug and a lot of Lego I was going to chuck out. I am so pleased as this means I can do something little for DH for fathers day and put the rest in savings.

I am on a mission now for other stuff to sell, it is very addictive!

Post also was to say to anyone considering or starting a DMP - don't worry, its more scary making the decision, after that the relief is fabulous.

Thanks
Nivea xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Hi Nivea
    Just wanted to say Hi. We are on month 1 of our DMP with CCCS, and like you so far so good. 5 of our 10 creditors have accepted the plan which is good. No phonecalls from the others. But maybe they will come?
    I think I might also have a clear out for ebay to make a few pounds. Probably got loads of stuff.
    Anyway all the best on the rest of your journey, and totally agree with you on dmp best decision we have ever made, feel so much more positive about the future :)
    LBM April 2012, started Dmp with Stepchange June 2012 £47k:eek: Proud to finally be dealing with our debts:)
    Nov 18 3 more payments to DFD
    Dec 18 2 more payments to DFD
    Jan 19 1 more payment to DFD
    Feb 19 Last Payment now debt free :)
  • sickasachip13
    sickasachip13 Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    Hey you two new-DMPers

Well done! You're right, it is scary at first but, for most people, it settles down fairly quickly. I remember the relief of feeling like I was finally getting some control back.

Onwards and upwards

SAAC x
  • Nivea wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I am on month 2 of my DMP with CCCS, I have to say they are fantastic! all my creditors (5 of them) have agreed to the plan and have either completely stopped interest and charges or having reduced interest signifcantly.

Don't know if it pure luck but all letters from creditors have been ok - thank you for letting us know, want to supoprt you, agree to repayment plan etc - and I haven't had one single phonecall ???? very strange

Anyway, reason for my post is I have decided to blitz the house and do some ebaying, and 4 days in I have already got £220 in the kitty! sold old Blackberry, old school Gucci sunglasses, a Lorna Bailey jug and a lot of Lego I was going to chuck out. I am so pleased as this means I can do something little for DH for fathers day and put the rest in savings.

I am on a mission now for other stuff to sell, it is very addictive!

Post also was to say to anyone considering or starting a DMP - don't worry, its more scary making the decision, after that the relief is fabulous.

Thanks
    Nivea xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hi Nivea
    Just wanted to say Hi. We are on month 1 of our DMP with CCCS, and like you so far so good. 5 of our 10 creditors have accepted the plan which is good. No phonecalls from the others. But maybe they will come?
    I think I might also have a clear out for ebay to make a few pounds. Probably got loads of stuff.
    Anyway all the best on the rest of your journey, and totally agree with you on dmp best decision we have ever made, feel so much more positive about the future :)

Well done Nivea and whattodo1967 :T

We haven't had any phonecalls since the 6th week of our DMP and CCCS will be making our 5th payment on 25th June :)

If any creditors do persist in interest and/or charges, please try the FOS for help. We have found them to be wonderful and they have already saved us around £1000 of interest and managed to get us a nice refund too :j

Ebay is my new hobby! Our clutter is someone else's treasure and we are up to about £500 so far, all of which will be going towards one of our debts which is still charging interest :beer:
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • BlushingRose
    BlushingRose Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    I have to say that, since we started out DMP in Jan, we've not had any phone calls from creditors.

Had a chat with a friend today about car-boots...
    Our LBM: Dec 2011. DMP started: Jan 2012. Debt at LBM: £41,568

Oct 2012 = Current debt: £40,548.93
    Oct 2013 = Current debt: £39.054.70

DMP Support number 424 - Long haul number 308
  • Hi I'm on my first month of DMP, my total debt is £14,000With two creditors.

I received a letter last week from Natwest who have accepted
    My pay back though DMP but today I've had an awful
    Letter from Natwest threatening legal action, bailiffs and court
    If I do not re pay the outstanding over draft immediately!

I've rang Natwest who say this is a formality and as
    Long as I continue to pay the amount on the DMP then
    This " should" be ok?!

Has anyone else had experience of this? It's still a bit
    Concerning 😓
  • Cialilerin
    Cialilerin Posts: 649 Forumite
    Month 7 of my DMP - best thing I ever did!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts,
    light bulb moment: 2/1/2010, reviewed 7/1/2012
  • Well done everyone for starting your DMPs, it is a scary decision but it does get easier; I followed my plan with CCCS for just over 4 years and completed it earlier this year and now completely debt free

Yes you will continue to receive letters requesting payment etc but it IS just a formaility and nothing to worry about, if you get any that are persitant, you just forward to the company who is dealing with your DMP and they resend out a letter on your behalf once again explaining your situation

Good luck to you all
  • thanks timetofacethemusic but what is the FOS you refer to. I am in DMP but stillpaying high interest to a couple of creditors and would love to reduce this to get rid of my debt faster.
  • davidphi
    davidphi Posts: 14 Forumite
    I'm on year 2 of my dmp - various changes in situation have meant that at my review I've had to reduce my payments which have resulted in the grand total of no phone calls and no letters.

Had one problem with Halifax over the last year - every other company have been fine to have an annual review - they wanted one at 6 months. It seems they passed it to a debt recovery agent, which didn't have access to any of the previous communication from either myself or the cccs. However the debt recovery agent was owned by Halifax themselves, so I told them to get the information from Halifax direct.

They continued to send me threatening letters, but never any further action. I doubt they'll like the new offer, but at least they are getting something.

Anyway - best thing I ever did. If you're struggling under a mountain or even a small hill of debt and don't know how you'll pay it off speak to the cccs ASAP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure