Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ravravrav
    • By ravravrav 4th Jun 12, 11:59 AM
    • 103Posts
    • 15Thanks
    ravravrav
    Home For Life plan
    • 4th Jun 12, 11:59 AM
    Home For Life plan 4th Jun 12 at 11:59 AM
    I've been searching online and found a few houses with 'low' prices but the descriptions say price reduced for over 60s under home for life plan. I just wondered whether there was any similar scheme for ftb's?
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 4th Jun 12, 2:13 PM
    • 47,820 Posts
    • 39,842 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 4th Jun 12, 2:13 PM
    • 4th Jun 12, 2:13 PM
    Only applicable to those with a capital sum at their disposal. Also its not a purchase either but a long term rental. Hence why targeted at those over 60. A totally different market to FTB's.
    "A man who wishes to remove a mountain begins by carrying away the smallest stones first."
  • doverrog
    • 9th Sep 12, 12:52 PM
    • 9th Sep 12, 12:52 PM
    Has anyone used the Home for Life Plan yet?
    How was it and were you satisfied?
    Are there any problems and what are the disadvantages?
    • Wh05apk
    • By Wh05apk 10th Sep 12, 7:57 AM
    • 2,912 Posts
    • 1,320 Thanks
    Wh05apk
    • 10th Sep 12, 7:57 AM
    • 10th Sep 12, 7:57 AM
    If you are referring to http://www.homewise.co.uk/ then this is not a long term rental, but an equity release scheme, which will be repayable on death/sale/going into care.

Several insurance companies run equity release/lifetime mortgage schemes, if you are interested, you should speak to a qualified advisor.
    I am a mortgage adviser.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Fightingfortruth
    • 15th Sep 12, 1:47 PM
    Just make sure..
    • 15th Sep 12, 1:47 PM
    that before you enter into this plan you check out your alternatives, there is no way out of this scheme other than homelessness! This is unregulated and as such there is no protection against the advice!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,420Posts Today

8,413Users online

Martin's Twitter