Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shudd1967
    • By shudd1967 15th May 12, 10:38 AM
    • 764Posts
    • 5,671Thanks
    shudd1967
    0 WOW
    Strawberry or Raspberry Blancmange Mix
    • 15th May 12, 10:38 AM
    0 WOW
    Strawberry or Raspberry Blancmange Mix 15th May 12 at 10:38 AM
    We like having pink custard with our choc crunch at home and I make the pink custard using the strawberry or raspberry blancmange mix but can only find it in the mix packs of 4 with choc and vanilla which nobody really likes. Is there anywhere that just sells the berry flavours!!
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
Page 1
    • booter
    • By booter 16th May 12, 12:05 AM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    booter
    • 16th May 12, 12:05 AM
    • 16th May 12, 12:05 AM
    Why buy blancmange mix at all - it's just cornflour and flavouring. Add milk and sugar to a pan, make up a cornflour mix like you would with blancmange (mix to a paste with a bit of milk) and add to the milk/sugar to thicken. Then add either strawberry or raspberry (or mint, vanilla, orange, almond, lemon....??) flavouring and a drop of food colour (just to make it look right) This is how I make my mint custard for my chocolate "concrete" and strawberry custard for shortcake Flavourings are on offer at the mo at Asda for 2 for £1
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=food+flavouring&Store=ASDA
    HTH
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 16th May 12, 12:13 AM
    • 54,016 Posts
    • 305,679 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 16th May 12, 12:13 AM
    • 16th May 12, 12:13 AM
    Morrisons do an instant strawberry custard, 3 for £1 last time I was in there. I tried it - didn't rate it that much to be honest... but thought I'd mention it exists.

Years ago I used chocolate blancmange to make: a base of biscuit/melted butter (like cheesecake), then a layer of sliced bananas, then the chocolate blancmange. Put that in the fridge to set - and just before serving put Chocolate Buttons across the top.
    • shudd1967
    • By shudd1967 16th May 12, 9:50 AM
    • 764 Posts
    • 5,671 Thanks
    shudd1967
    • 16th May 12, 9:50 AM
    • 16th May 12, 9:50 AM
    Thank you both! I feel more calories about to be consumed!!
    Aim to win in 2013 - a holiday somewhere nice, New York break, treats for family & friends & some cash would be lovely!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

229Posts Today

1,224Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin