Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Adymole
    Bailiff clamped my car.
    • 1st May 12, 6:48 PM
    Bailiff clamped my car. 1st May 12 at 6:48 PM
    Task Enforcement ltd have sent a bailiff round our house for an unpaid Congestion Charge on 12th Oct 2011. If am guilty of the charge and i ignored the letter about bailiffs.

He has turned up at my house today asking for 550 on the spot. I then said i couldn't pay the fine. He clamped my car and said i could pay half tomorrow and then the rest in two weeks. I cannot afford this at all.

He hasn't given me a breakdown of the charges, nor any evidence of him being a certified bailiff. I also have no evidence of the warrant to clamp the car or a county court judgement letter.

Is he acting legally?
    I would pay the 550 but i can only do this on small installments as unfortunately i am currently seeking work and on job seekers.

Thanks for any help. It would be greatly appreciated!

Ady.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,690Posts Today

8,551Users online

Martin's Twitter