MS Poll - What should we do with RA!

Options
I've done this once before but nothing came from it.

I thought we should try again in recent light.

The question being, what should we do about RA.
I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!

What to do, What to do! 25 votes

Remove RA from the OP
4% 1 vote
Leave RA as it is
12% 3 votes
Edit to have a warning about RA's Fee's
80% 20 votes
Don't really Care
4% 1 vote

Comments

• HeavensDevil
    HeavensDevil Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    Voted third option - most of their fees are beyond appalling but some - the solicitors and pharmacies spring to mind - are OK. A warning for newbies is a great idea, to try and give them an idea of what is and isn't acceptable, both from RA and other MS companies.
  • misssarahleigh
    misssarahleigh Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Options
    So, something along the lines of general advice for newbies e.g

"When booking a job take the time to see if the fee reflects the amount of work involved. Consider printing and reading the instructions, travel time to/from the location (and petrol) the time spent completing the job and then the report"

With experience this time will get shorter as you learn your own methods, layout of reports and become more confident.

Before accepting the job take the time to think whether or not the fee is worth the work. This will be different depending on circumstance. For example, taking the job alone may not make you a profit, but if you are already traverling to that location for another job it may be suitable.

How much a shopper will work for is personal choice. Within the Mystery Shopping Industry the fee's paid to shoppers have been dropping lower and lower for many years. Those of you that are taking on this in todays climate will not have the experience of knowing the differance between what was paid once upon a time, and what is now currently being offered.

There are currently a few companies offering very low fee's for the work involved. The fee's paid would not come to half the national minimum wage, but as we are self employed, laws do not govern us, we govern ourselves.

The companies will continue to pay lower and lower fee's if people are happy to complete the jobs for that price. More experienced shoppers will not, as they can compare past fee's and similar jobs. As new shoppers you cannot do this, so follow the advice above and work out if that fee is worth your time.

Do not worry. There are plenty of good companies that offer a reasonable price for the work they require, but like everything, there are always one or two that try it on :-)
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • superliss
    superliss Posts: 867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    While many on here feel that they can command higher fees that RA are willing to pay. Not everyone feels like that or feels they can. I don't really do anything for them as I think they are taking liberties. But thats my personal choice. A warning for newbies should be enough. But I dont think we should take them off....unless they just stop paying people anything...
    Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
    I'm a woman's man: no time to talk
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Leave it as it is

It is people's choice to apply for jobs that are economically viable for them-for most they wouldn't accept a low paying job in isolation but if they have several other jobs in the area might add it on.

A note on page one saying their fees are sometimes exceptionally low for the work involved compared with other MS companies is sufficient IMO.

I see no need for a witch-hunt-no-one is forced to take on a job with a low fee-it's down to personal choice.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family