Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lovetowinacar
    • By lovetowinacar 9th Jun 11, 9:59 AM
    • 1,467Posts
    • 8,187Thanks
    lovetowinacar
    0 WOW
    Daily Mail Rewards Club
    • 9th Jun 11, 9:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Daily Mail Rewards Club 9th Jun 11 at 9:59 AM
    There is a new rewards club starting with the Daily Mail - it states register and receive a 5 voucher for Tesco

link https://mailrewardsclub.mailonline.co.uk/WeekendClub/

Then collect numbers for more rewards.

I hope I have posted this in the correct place?
    Last edited by lovetowinacar; 26-02-2012 at 1:28 PM.
Page 1
    • lovetowinacar
    • By lovetowinacar 9th Jun 11, 10:01 AM
    • 1,467 Posts
    • 8,187 Thanks
    lovetowinacar
    • 9th Jun 11, 10:01 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 10:01 AM
    You need to purchase the Daily Mail this Saturday and register the unique number

When will I receive the 5 Tesco giftcard?

We're aiming to get the 5 Tesco giftcards out to readers about a week after you have joined and registered your first Unique Numbers, it may be a day or two less, or a day or two more. If you don't receive it within a fortnight, give us a call back and we'll look into it.
    Last edited by lovetowinacar; 09-06-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spelling!
    • innocent girl
    • By innocent girl 9th Jun 11, 11:09 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    innocent girl
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:09 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:09 AM
    So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the 5 giftcard?
  • Mad_dog
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:11 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:11 AM
    So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the 5 giftcard?
    Originally posted by innocent girl
    from link...

Simply buy Saturday's Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday every weekend and we'll send you an amazing choice of Rewards.
    1. Read... find your Unique Numbers inside your copy of Weekend magazine every Saturday and Live magazine every Sunday
    2. Register... enter your Unique Numbers each week before midnight on Wednesday
    3. Reward... once you've collected 7 out of 8 Unique Numbers, select your Reward and we'll post it straight to your door.
    • innocent girl
    • By innocent girl 9th Jun 11, 11:26 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    innocent girl
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:26 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:26 AM
    So for someone who doesnt usually buy the daily mail it probably isnt worth it if you have to buy so many papers to get 5
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 9th Jun 11, 11:51 AM
    • 20,883 Posts
    • 24,214 Thanks
    jellyhead
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:51 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:51 AM
    Originally posted by innocent girl
    Two, I think?
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 9th Jun 11, 11:55 AM
    • 8,261 Posts
    • 48,856 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:55 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:55 AM
    I'm reading it that you will have to buy 7 newspapers, one unique code in each (#3 once you've collected 7 out of 8 Unique Numbers, select your Reward and we'll post it straight to your door)
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 9th Jun 11, 11:58 AM
    • 20,883 Posts
    • 24,214 Thanks
    jellyhead
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:58 AM
    • 9th Jun 11, 11:58 AM
    According to newspaper summary threads the mail costs 80p on a saturday and 1.50 on a sunday

So you spend 2.30 and get a 5 tesco voucher, if I've read correctly about you needing both numbers from the weekend?

Worth it if you shop at Tesco anyhow, and I think you get a free TV guide mag in one of the papers which would save you money if you usually pay for one.
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 9th Jun 11, 12:02 PM
    • 20,883 Posts
    • 24,214 Thanks
    jellyhead
    • 9th Jun 11, 12:02 PM
    • 9th Jun 11, 12:02 PM
    It says in the link 'register your first 2 unique numbers and we'll send you a free 5 tesco gift voucher' and it also says that in the TV advert, that the website links to.

But, if you need 7 numbers out of 8 to get the next 5 voucher, that's an additional 5.40 spend so probably not worth it if you don't want the mail or the Tv mags.
    • cocoloco
    • By cocoloco 9th Jun 11, 12:04 PM
    • 584 Posts
    • 2,632 Thanks
    cocoloco
    According to newspaper summary threads the mail costs 80p on a saturday and 1.50 on a sunday

So you spend 2.30 and get a 5 tesco voucher, if I've read correctly about you needing both numbers from the weekend?

Worth it if you shop at Tesco anyhow, and I think you get a free TV guide mag in one of the papers which would save you money if you usually pay for one.
    Originally posted by jellyhead
    In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is 7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...
    "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD"
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    Debt & mortgage free in 18 years
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 9th Jun 11, 12:08 PM
    • 20,883 Posts
    • 24,214 Thanks
    jellyhead
    In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is 7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...
    Originally posted by cocoloco
    A 7.70 spend would get you the initial 5 tesco voucher and then an additional reward (one of the 5 shop vouchers shown, I assume?)

But the initial 2.30 spend gets you the tesco voucher, so no need to continue after that.
  • MyUserNamesTaken

Originally posted by cocoloco
    The TV advert for the free 5 Tesco voucher states you only need to buy this weekend's Mail (Saturday and Sunday), then register and use the 2 unique codes (one from each paper) to claim your voucher.
  • biganni
    They launched this promotion in Scotland a couple of weeks back. You only have to buy the sat and sunday papers to get the giftcard. Maybe you will be lucky like me - they very kindly sent two giftcards
  • h007
    i think i will collect the 2 this weekend and then wait and see what the other rewards are.

if you need to buy 7 papers for 5 voucher then thats not worth it but it might be worth doing it for free cinema ticket or pizza express meal
    • cocoloco
    • By cocoloco 9th Jun 11, 1:13 PM
    • 584 Posts
    • 2,632 Thanks
    cocoloco
    A 7.70 spend would get you the initial 5 tesco voucher and then an additional reward (one of the 5 shop vouchers shown, I assume?)

But the initial 2.30 spend gets you the tesco voucher, so no need to continue after that.
    Originally posted by jellyhead
    Thanks, that's makes it a really good deal!!!
    "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD"
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    Debt & mortgage free in 18 years
  • funnyguy
    Can you claim numerous cards,,as it would be well worth buying as many papers as possible to give you over 50% off your shopping ?IF you buy 100 of each paper for 230.you will have 500 of vouchers.270 profit would make it one of the deals of the year.Better than the 3% saving rates.
    Last edited by funnyguy; 09-06-2011 at 1:29 PM.
    • *Scottish*Lass*
    • By *Scottish*Lass* 9th Jun 11, 1:28 PM
    • 1,969 Posts
    • 3,617 Thanks
    *Scottish*Lass*
    I did thsi a few weeks ago when they first released it in Scotland, used 4 email addresses and 4 postal address and got 20 in vouchers They come on a normal tesco gift card, I used them all at once and got 20 worth of free shopping def worth doing!
    .:**:..:**:..:**: Scottish & proud of it! .:**:..:**:..:**:
  • funnyguy
    Thats clever you answered the question before I had edited it/unless there is a time differance in Scotland
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 9th Jun 11, 1:37 PM
    • 20,883 Posts
    • 24,214 Thanks
    jellyhead
    I did thsi a few weeks ago when they first released it in Scotland, used 4 email addresses and 4 postal address and got 20 in vouchers They come on a normal tesco gift card, I used them all at once and got 20 worth of free shopping def worth doing!
    Originally posted by *Scottish*Lass*
    Thanks

Did you think it was worth continuing? Do you know what the deal is on DVDs, cinema tickets or pizza express?

I don't want to spend an additional 5.40 to get the 7 codes if the reward is only worth 5, i am a skinflint and am only using this deal for the tesco voucher
    • manda1205
    • By manda1205 9th Jun 11, 1:45 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 6,463 Thanks
    manda1205
    The Sun are also doing this too. Saw an advert on TV, The sun is cheaper than The Mail, so depending on their rewards might be worth it.
    I got a letter about The Mail one and it specifically says "If you register with us this weekend and enter your first two unique numbers, to say "thank you" we'll send you a 5 reward voucher to spend at Tesco.
    RIP Lc Cpl George Davey
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

193Posts Today

1,551Users online

Martin's Twitter