IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Daily Mail Rewards Club Thread
Closed Thread
Views: 776,031
# 1
WOW Factor 0
lovetowinacar
Old 09-06-2011, 9:59 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Daily Mail Rewards Club

There is a new rewards club starting with the Daily Mail - it states register and receive a £5 voucher for Tesco

link https://mailrewardsclub.mailonline.co.uk/WeekendClub/

Then collect numbers for more rewards.

I hope I have posted this in the correct place?

Last edited by lovetowinacar; 26-02-2012 at 1:28 PM.
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to lovetowinacar For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
lovetowinacar
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You need to purchase the Daily Mail this Saturday and register the unique number

When will I receive the £5 Tesco giftcard?

We're aiming to get the £5 Tesco giftcards out to readers about a week after you have joined and registered your first Unique Numbers, it may be a day or two less, or a day or two more. If you don't receive it within a fortnight, give us a call back and we'll look into it.

Last edited by lovetowinacar; 09-06-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spelling!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lovetowinacar For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
innocent girl
Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the £5 giftcard?
# 4
Mad_dog
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 AM
PPR
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent girl View Post
So am I right in thinking that you will only need to purchase ONE Daily mail in order to receive the £5 giftcard?
from link...

Simply buy Saturday's Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday every weekend and we'll send you an amazing choice of Rewards.
  1. Read... find your Unique Numbers inside your copy of Weekend magazine every Saturday and Live magazine every Sunday
  2. Register... enter your Unique Numbers each week before midnight on Wednesday
  3. Reward... once you've collected 7 out of 8 Unique Numbers, select your Reward and we'll post it straight to your door.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad_dog For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
innocent girl
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

So for someone who doesnt usually buy the daily mail it probably isnt worth it if you have to buy so many papers to get £5
The Following User Says Thank You to innocent girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
jellyhead
Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent girl View Post
Two, I think?
The Following User Says Thank You to jellyhead For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Ms Chocaholic
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I'm reading it that you will have to buy 7 newspapers, one unique code in each (#3 once you've collected 7 out of 8 Unique Numbers, select your Reward and we'll post it straight to your door)
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Chocaholic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
jellyhead
Old 09-06-2011, 11:58 AM

According to newspaper summary threads the mail costs 80p on a saturday and £1.50 on a sunday

So you spend £2.30 and get a £5 tesco voucher, if I've read correctly about you needing both numbers from the weekend?

Worth it if you shop at Tesco anyhow, and I think you get a free TV guide mag in one of the papers which would save you money if you usually pay for one.
# 9
jellyhead
Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 PM

It says in the link 'register your first 2 unique numbers and we'll send you a free £5 tesco gift voucher' and it also says that in the TV advert, that the website links to.

But, if you need 7 numbers out of 8 to get the next £5 voucher, that's an additional £5.40 spend so probably not worth it if you don't want the mail or the Tv mags.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jellyhead For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
cocoloco
Old 09-06-2011, 12:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead View Post
According to newspaper summary threads the mail costs 80p on a saturday and £1.50 on a sunday

So you spend £2.30 and get a £5 tesco voucher, if I've read correctly about you needing both numbers from the weekend?

Worth it if you shop at Tesco anyhow, and I think you get a free TV guide mag in one of the papers which would save you money if you usually pay for one.
In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is £7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD"
'They can have my money but not my life!'
Debt & mortgage free in 18 years
The Following User Says Thank You to cocoloco For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
jellyhead
Old 09-06-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post
In my understanding you need to get at least 7 saturday/ sunday paper to get 7 different code- so minimum spend is £7.70. (4 Sat + 3 Sun)

Its really only worth it if you already buy this paper anyway or you know somebody who does...
A £7.70 spend would get you the initial £5 tesco voucher and then an additional reward (one of the £5 shop vouchers shown, I assume?)

But the initial £2.30 spend gets you the tesco voucher, so no need to continue after that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellyhead For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
MyUserNamesTaken
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post

The TV advert for the free £5 Tesco voucher states you only need to buy this weekend's Mail (Saturday and Sunday), then register and use the 2 unique codes (one from each paper) to claim your voucher.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MyUserNamesTaken For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
biganni
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

They launched this promotion in Scotland a couple of weeks back. You only have to buy the sat and sunday papers to get the giftcard. Maybe you will be lucky like me - they very kindly sent two giftcards
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biganni For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
h007
Old 09-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i think i will collect the 2 this weekend and then wait and see what the other rewards are.

if you need to buy 7 papers for £5 voucher then thats not worth it but it might be worth doing it for free cinema ticket or pizza express meal
# 15
cocoloco
Old 09-06-2011, 1:13 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead View Post
A £7.70 spend would get you the initial £5 tesco voucher and then an additional reward (one of the £5 shop vouchers shown, I assume?)

But the initial £2.30 spend gets you the tesco voucher, so no need to continue after that.
Thanks, that's makes it a really good deal!!!
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD"
'They can have my money but not my life!'
Debt & mortgage free in 18 years
The Following User Says Thank You to cocoloco For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
funnyguy
Old 09-06-2011, 1:15 PM
PPR

Can you claim numerous cards,,as it would be well worth buying as many papers as possible to give you over 50% off your shopping ?IF you buy 100 of each paper for £230.you will have £500 of vouchers.£270 profit would make it one of the deals of the year.Better than the 3% saving rates.

Last edited by funnyguy; 09-06-2011 at 1:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to funnyguy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
*Scottish*Lass*
Old 09-06-2011, 1:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I did thsi a few weeks ago when they first released it in Scotland, used 4 email addresses and 4 postal address and got £20 in vouchers They come on a normal tesco gift card, I used them all at once and got £20 worth of free shopping def worth doing!
:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:• Scottish & proud of it! :*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Scottish*Lass* For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
funnyguy
Old 09-06-2011, 1:33 PM
PPR

Thats clever you answered the question before I had edited it/unless there is a time differance in Scotland
# 19
jellyhead
Old 09-06-2011, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Scottish*Lass* View Post
I did thsi a few weeks ago when they first released it in Scotland, used 4 email addresses and 4 postal address and got £20 in vouchers They come on a normal tesco gift card, I used them all at once and got £20 worth of free shopping def worth doing!
Thanks

Did you think it was worth continuing? Do you know what the deal is on DVDs, cinema tickets or pizza express?

I don't want to spend an additional £5.40 to get the 7 codes if the reward is only worth £5, i am a skinflint and am only using this deal for the tesco voucher
# 20
manda1205
Old 09-06-2011, 1:45 PM

The Sun are also doing this too. Saw an advert on TV, The sun is cheaper than The Mail, so depending on their rewards might be worth it.
I got a letter about The Mail one and it specifically says "If you register with us this weekend and enter your first two unique numbers, to say "thank you" we'll send you a £5 reward voucher to spend at Tesco.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manda1205 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread