Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Hetty17
    What is "grid-buddy"?
    • 28th Feb 12, 2:06 AM
    What is "grid-buddy"? 28th Feb 12 at 2:06 AM
    Anyone know anything about “Grid-buddy”, from Renewable Solutions UK, which will (they say) save your generated electricity for use later? (I got a flyer with the post yesterday.)

Sounds potentially interesting, but their style of advertising (see below) doesn't make me confident; some further & technical information would be useful. I could ring the company, but prefer to do a little research first. A search on Google, this site and Navitron brings up no relevant results. The company's own website doesn't mention it either.

Relevant extracts from the flyer: (capitalisation and punctuation is theirs)
    “ Imagine if you could ALSO use the electricity you generate AT NIGHT!.. and be able to use your lights,TV and fridge-freezer in a power-cut!! IT IS NOW POSSIBLE WITH OUR GRID-BUDDY TM HYBRID PV SYSTEM
    […...]
    Our Grid-buddy TM system allows you to STORE unused electricity from the day (that you would normally export for only 1.5p per unit) and USE IT AT NIGHT (making it worth an average 14p per unit instead)- saving up to an additional £230 on your electricity bill !!
    Unlike conventional PV systems, we can enable you to use your system DURING A POWER CUT, and have the luxury of using lights, TV and fridge-freezer for up to 24 hours at a time!!
    […]
    ** PS – The Grid-buddy TM system is also available for installation to EXISTING PV and WIND TURBINE systems – contact us to arrange an assessment.** ”

Any views?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

2,288Users online

Martin's Twitter