Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    nstaley26
    Mackenzie Hall - Please Help!!
    • 19th Feb 12, 9:33 PM
    Mackenzie Hall - Please Help!! 19th Feb 12 at 9:33 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me. A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from MH titled 'REDUCED SETTLEMENT OFFER' for 135.29 for Vodafone. The letter states after repeated efforts for payment the accout is unpaid. The letter then offers me a reduced settlement figure of 101.47.

At the time I paniced & called them straight away (silly now I know) & spoke to the guy on the phone who said it was from 2005-6 with vodafone & I explained that I have had a lot of problems with debts my ex partner has ran up in my name & agreed to pay half now & the other half on 25th Feb. I did have a contract phone with vodafone back in the day but wasnt aware I had left any debts with them. This offer was accepted & I made a payment over the phone. After reading all the stuff I have read on here I am now kicking myself. Is it too late to send a letter asking for proof as I have made a payment already? If so what proof do they need to send me and will they know if have written the debt off? And where do I find a template letter? They advised I call vodafone if I want details which I found a little odd. Also when I log into their website it gives a different address for myself that I lived at in 2006/7. When I click on online statement it says 'period 01/10/2008 to 19/02/2012' which I dont understand either.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
    Nicola.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,498Posts Today

6,681Users online

Martin's Twitter