Where do I send my P87 and Coding Notices

Hi Everybody,

I have searched the forum and cannot find a definitive answer. I have two questions of which I hope you can help?

First one is I have filled out two P87 forms. Now where do I send them?
I have seen an HMRC address on the website for Liverpool, do i send it here?

Second question is I received a PAYE coding notice this morning......does anybody know what that is? I received two of them. One is for a job I never even started (which was two years ago!) and the other is for my current position saying I need a tax code for both of them.

The coding notices are from Cardiff. Shall I send my P87's to Cardiff with a note also stating that I don't work for the employer as stated above?

Cheers.
In debt no more!

Comments

• Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    The coding notices are from Cardiff. Shall I send my P87's to Cardiff with a note also stating that I don't work for the employer as stated above?

Cheers.

Yes. The Liverpool address is for PAYE but where no recent communication from HMRC.

In your case - Cardiff for both items.
    Second question is I received a PAYE coding notice this morning......does anybody know what that is

Not sure if I'm reading that correctly - as the context suggests you know what it is? So I'll let HMRC do the explaining ;

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/coding-notices.htm
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • Murdina
    Murdina Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    With the job you did not start ring HMRC immediately and tell them this.

There may be good reasons why your prospective employer was so on the ball but there is also the slight risk someone has nabbed your personal details and is using them to defraud the employer by getting a fictional person on the payroll. It happens and the "employee" finds out when they get an end of year tax demand from HMRC including that employment.
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheers Murdina, will do that asap in the morning!
    In debt no more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport