Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    tonksy
    Total tax, Class 4 NIC and Student loan due...HELP!
    • 26th Jan 12, 10:43 PM
    Total tax, Class 4 NIC and Student loan due...HELP! 26th Jan 12 at 10:43 PM
    Apologies if this is the wrong area but I am desperately seeking some assistance.

Me: NOT self employed, have NEVER been to university and as such do NOT have a student loan.

I have had to complete the self assessment online return for a few years now thanks to a mistake by an old employer which I have always completed without any problems.

I have just completed my return this year and under 'View Your Calculation' it states 'Total tax, Class 4 NIC and Student loan due for 2010-11' and a sum of around 3,500. Payment due by 31st Jan is over 5,000!!

The only thing different I completed this year was that I had to list two employers as i switched jobs half way through the previous year. I completed the sums of money from each company but can't see how this would be related?!

As I said, I have NEVER been to university and DO NOT have a student loan so how has this sum been calculated? I'm hoping there is a mistake somewhere!!!

Can anyone suggest what is going on?

Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,089Posts Today

6,225Users online

Martin's Twitter