Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mcphail
    • By mcphail 25th Jan 12, 5:28 PM
    • 350Posts
    • 1,132Thanks
    mcphail
    M & S Dine in for 10 this weekend - Thurs 26th - Tue 31st January
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:28 PM
    M & S Dine in for 10 this weekend - Thurs 26th - Tue 31st January 25th Jan 12 at 5:28 PM
    Choose from 1 main, 1 side, 1 dessert and 1 bottle of wine/soft drink - all for 10

MAINS
    Dine In Whole Chicken
    Chicken Chasseur*
    Glazed Pork Joint*
    Ready to Roast Gammon
    Lasagne Al Forno
    The Cook Menu Cajun Chicken
    The Cook Menu Chicken with Davidstow Gratin
    The Cook Menu Beef & Ale Pie*
    2 Lightly Dusted Lemon Sole
    The Cook Menu Goats Cheese & Pesto Encroute (V)*
    The Cook Menu Chicken Coq Au Vin*
    Mushroom En Croute (V)
    The Cook Menu Beef Roulades*
    2 Marinated Salmon Fillets with Soy & Ginger*

SIDE DISHES
    Ultimate Mash
    Rosemary Potatoes
    Potato Rosti
    Parmesan potatoes
    Broccoli and Carrot Bag
    Garlic Mushrooms
    Leek & Gruyere Bake
    Gastro Chunky Chips*
    Mediterranean Vegetables for Roasting
    Tomato & Mozzarella Potato Bake*
    Green Pea, Bean and Vegetable Layer

DESSERTS
    Cheese Selection & Oatcakes*
    Fruit Salad
    Kentish Bramley Apple Puff Pastry Pie
    2 Chocolate Cheesecake Slices
    2 Cherry Frangipane Slices*
    Apple Crumble*
    2 Hot Belgian Chocolate Souffles
    2 Raspberry Pannacotta
    Strawberry Jelly Trifle
    2 Millionaires Shortbread
    Tiramisu Traybake*

WINES & DRINKS
    California Zinfadel Rose
    Los Nucos Chardonnay - Viognier
    Los Nucos Carmenere - Shiraz
    Razo de la Cruz Red
    Razo de la Cruz White
    Sangiovese
    Piedmont Chardonnay
    Bianco d'Venezie
    Petillant White
    Twin Pack Irish Coffee
    Twin Pack Brandy Hot Chocolate
    Twin Pack Cox Presse
    Twin Pack Valencia Orange Juice

Enjoy
Page 1
  • Mrs Dizzy
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:41 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:41 PM
    I brought two meal deals a few weeks ago with Rotisserie chicken(whole). I froze one which we are having tonight funnily enough. Really tasty meal. Wine really nice. Profitterols yummy Chicken delicious & side dish good a accompany dh's dinner next when I didn't fancy cooking much Thank you Marks & Spencer. I would real bargain at 10
    • spongybobby
    • By spongybobby 25th Jan 12, 5:43 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    spongybobby
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:43 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:43 PM
    why do they put these offers on when im trying to lose weight ... its not fair!!
    Mortgage free wannabe!
    Total mortgage = 106k
    Monthly payments = 523
    Extra monthly Payments = 500
    Total extra paid in 2012 = 500
  • Mrs Dizzy
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:47 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:47 PM
    why do they put these offers on when im trying to lose weight ... its not fair!!
    Originally posted by spongybobby
    Maybe if you have fruit salad you wont feel so bad. After all it is the weekend
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 25th Jan 12, 5:49 PM
    • 19,280 Posts
    • 37,365 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:49 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 5:49 PM
    I always thought that 10 for 2 was a pricey deal compared to DIY, but when I think of what we spent in restaurants last weekend that didn't even fill us up, the deal is suddenly looking v attractive!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
  • WarriorPrincess
    • 25th Jan 12, 6:24 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 6:24 PM
    I always thought that 10 for 2 was a pricey deal compared to DIY, but when I think of what we spent in restaurants last weekend that didn't even fill us up, the deal is suddenly looking v attractive!
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    I'd be buying 2 litres of fruit juice from somewhere anyway, for about 3 - so the cost of the rest is around 7. Last time round I got a chicken that easily fed 8 people over 3-days, plus the yummy pudding & side dish, all for that 7.

And if you have one of those 5 off 25 vouchers they gave out in store before Xmas then you can buy 2 lots (one for the freezer!) and indulge with 5 of other M&S food for free.
  • cazbust01
    • 25th Jan 12, 6:32 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 6:32 PM
    woop e doop i have a 5 marks voucher too
    • excellent saver
    • By excellent saver 25th Jan 12, 7:53 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    excellent saver
    • 25th Jan 12, 7:53 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 7:53 PM
    For those who do have the 5 voucher, the voucher actually kicks in before the offers are taken off the bill. I spent 22 last week and still used the 5 voucher (paid 17) because I had a few deals that came to 30+ before the discounts for the deals came off. So for the dine for 2, you could get 2 for 15.
    (sorry if this is confusing) It did take a while to explain to the cashier and I did feel a bit embarrassed, but I just kindly asked her to scan it and see if it works, she was very surprised and said she had no clue it worked like this. I might use the self scan tomorrow.
  • olliesmom
    • 25th Jan 12, 8:01 PM
    • 25th Jan 12, 8:01 PM
    Thanks for the heads up - some great meals & wine to choose from.
    For those interested, the save 5 wys 25 or more on food, drink, flowers or plants voucher is valid until 31st January.
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 25th Jan 12, 8:04 PM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 26,963 Thanks
    tessie bear
    i got 2 last time...fab...we really enjoyed them and cheaper than going out
    on the brink...
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 26th Jan 12, 6:29 PM
    • 2,383 Posts
    • 19,942 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    If you buy a chicken don't choose from the dine in display go to where they keep the chickens because they are much bigger.
    Life is a journey not a destination!
    Find contentment in what you have rather than what you think you need.
    SPC9# 517 target 365

56lb to lose in 2016
    • mum26
    • By mum26 26th Jan 12, 7:28 PM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 1,458 Thanks
    mum26
    Maybe if you have fruit salad you wont feel so bad. After all it is the weekend
    Originally posted by Mrs Dizzy
    I agree, i'll be getting the fruit salad as i'm on slimming world! (will have to check if it's in juice or just plain).
    • freyasmum
    • By freyasmum 26th Jan 12, 8:35 PM
    • 16,426 Posts
    • 46,728 Thanks
    freyasmum
    Will be picking up one of these tomorrow, thanks OP

Bit gutted they don't have the profiteroles this time though
    • tiff
    • By tiff 26th Jan 12, 8:42 PM
    • 6,583 Posts
    • 8,597 Thanks
    tiff
    Anyone recommend a good combination? Not used to M&S meals but the wine is a definite.
    A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. - Dave Ramsey
  • LondonDreamer
    Thanks OP, I like to pick these up when they offer the whole chicken. Last one I got saved about 9, this included a chicken worth over 7.

Anyone recommend a good combination? Not used to M&S meals but the wine is a definite.
    Originally posted by tiff
    I have to admit that I usually just buy the most expensive items (that I like, of course) and don't necessarily use them in the same meals.

As pointed out above, if you have the voucher this is tracked BEFORE any of the offers come off. Last time I got a whole chicken worth over 7. Went through self service and scanned just enough shopping to get to 25 exactly, then scanned the voucher. It came off, plus 8.50 saved on the meal deal and I paid 11.50 for the lot.

Used a second voucher for the rest of the shopping, btw. Nearby staff member didn't seem to mind. Technically it was my flatmate's though, who was with me - so would have claimed it was split shopping if questioned.
    Last edited by LondonDreamer; 26-01-2012 at 9:45 PM.
    • kerri_dfw
    • By kerri_dfw 27th Jan 12, 2:04 AM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 29,115 Thanks
    kerri_dfw
    I had the mushroom veggie dish with the med veg and choc suffle. I'm still hungry it didn't even touch the sides Quite disappointed as for a non-veggie it seems a really good deal. The mushroom was yummy though just needed more of it, much more.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: 399,435.91 377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: 900010000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,438Posts Today

7,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Is Santander 123 going to drop to 2% interest - and would it be worth it if it does. My blog & analysis... https://t.co/0vDEXKshUq

• Papers saying my co-pres @IamSairaKhan is in #cbb. I've texted. No reply, so presume she must be locked away. I better watch the launch now!

• If Santander 123 drops its interest to 2% - will it still be worth it? Here's my analysis... https://t.co/0vDEXKshUq

• Follow Martin