Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    vinuela13
    NHS Pension forecast-Can I retire at 50?
    • 17th Sep 11, 4:18 PM
    NHS Pension forecast-Can I retire at 50? 17th Sep 11 at 4:18 PM
    Hi
    I have recently received my pension forecast and it looks like I may be able to take a max lump sum at 50yrs and then a reduced annual pension.
    I have been nursing since I was 18yrs and am now 48.
    I am eager to take the lump sum and use this as an investment to provide an income when I no longer want or am unable to work.
    The lump sum is quite a substantial amount but the annual pension will only provide me with a monthly income of around 350.
    I willl actively seek work when I retire from the NHS and hopefully secure another job.If however I am unable to gain employment straight away will I be entitled to receive any other benefits to top up my monthly pension?
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,383Posts Today

9,856Users online

Martin's Twitter