PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Saint Agur????

Options
Afternoon all you wonderful old stylers :D just been taking stock of my fridge and cupboards after our disaster of a christmas :rolleyes: we all had the sickness bug and nothing got eaten!
Right here goes,I have a huge chunk of Saint Agur cheese,none of us like it,it was bought for my father as he loves it,I can't give it to them as they are now on their hols,so what can I do with it that could disguise the taste?
I thought about steak with a sauce,but can anybody think of anything else?
All suggestions greatly received :A
I also have a largish piece of stilton and loads of pickled onions,if anyone has any ideas :D
LIH
Debt at highest £102k :eek:
Lightbulb moment march 2006
Debt free october2017 :j
Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A

Comments

• lex
    lex Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    I don't particularly like it either, but I went on a cookery course, and they used a pack of it to make a pasta sauce.

They used a filled pasta tortellini (cheese and tomato or something but you could use plain pasta).

Then the sauce was basically - heat up a pan, add 1 pack saint agur and a 250g tup of mascarpone. Melt together. Then once melted, add the pasta and a couple of huge handfuls of spinach. Stir until pasta all covered and spinach is wilted. (actually i think the recipe had sun dried tomatoes in it but we didn't add them)

Serve topped with toasted pine nuts and parmesan.

A lot of people on the course didn't like saint agur but once it was diluted was quite palatable. Also if you really don't like it - just add half a pack or something so it's not so strong.

Also if you don't have mascarpone, could use creme fraiche or cream or something instead?

HTH

lex
    Competition wins -
    May 09 - Horrid Henry book box set, 8GB ipod touch, Jan 10 - Creme Egg keyring, 4 Ripley's Believe it or not museum tickets! Feb 10 - Annabel Karmel snacks, Disney laptop, tumble tots back pack, tumble tots DVD, basket of fruit,
    Mar 10 - Farm Frenzy 3 PC game, GHD styler carry case, May 10 - 44 inch chest DVD
  • livinginhope
    livinginhope Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas,I made Lex's pasta for tea and everyone loved it,did a bit of jiggery pokery with the ingredients,used normal double cream instead of marscapone and it tasted fine,not like Saint Agur at all :D I think next time I will only buy a small piece in case this happens again ;)
    LIH
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts