Gretna Green Special Offer

Options
Hello,

Was looking for a romantic getaway for myself and the hubster and came across this belter of a wedding package at Smiths Hotel at Gretna. We've stayed here before and its fantastic, so this deal is an absolute steal!
http://www.smithsgretnagreen.com/hotel-offers

Only selected dates available however, the rooms / food drinks and hospitality are fab.
(If anyone books we'll gladly come along as guests!!!)

Hels :T
Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't! Inevitably they will both be disappointed.
Albert Einstein
:smileyhea

Comments

• Scotsbride
    Scotsbride Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say People wishing do get married here will need to contact the lovely people at Annan registry office no more than 3 months before their wedding date and no less than 15 days there a £130 deposit to book a registrar the final balance payable when you give notice. Also bear in mind buses are few and far between as are taxi so either bring your own transport or hire there are car hire places in Dumfries.
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • dawnebabe
    dawnebabe Posts: 462 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! That is a bargain, we have our wedding reception booked at Smiths, ceremony at Blacksmiths Shop across the road & are paying soooo much more!! We've stayed a few times in the run up to our wedding & couldn't fault anything! Smiths is wonderful, the staff are fabulous.... I can't wait!! :)
    :heartpuls dawnebabe :heartpuls
  • Shelanne
    Shelanne Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Errr, thanks I think mshelsbels!! After I saw your post I casually mentioned it to my lovely man and now we're getting married on Tuesday 16th August:eek:

We had only talked about it in a very general way before this.

So with just over six weeks to go, I better get scouring this board for some good advice....

Anyone had a reception at Smiths got any tips for me?
  • mshelsbels
    mshelsbels Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    Shelanne wrote: »
    Errr, thanks I think mshelsbels!! After I saw your post I casually mentioned it to my lovely man and now we're getting married on Tuesday 16th August:eek:

We had only talked about it in a very general way before this.

So with just over six weeks to go, I better get scouring this board for some good advice....

Anyone had a reception at Smiths got any tips for me?

Haa haa - brilliant! Huge congrats to you both xx :T
    Women marry men hoping they will change, men marry women hoping they won't! Inevitably they will both be disappointed.
    Albert Einstein
  • Shelanne
    Shelanne Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let everyone who is considering a Gretna Green wedding that this was the best wedding offer ever!!!!

Everything was brilliant, the quality of food and accomodation at the hotel was amazing.

Over at the Blacksmiths they are so professional and accomodating, nothing is too much trouble.

Weddings are their business in Gretna and everyone is so good, have a real "can do" attitude.

Hype hair and beauty in Gretna are fab, the minister we had was super, he let the young bridesmaids strike the anvil which they loved. With so many weddings going on it could feel a bit conveyor belt but it just wasn't - felt like I was the only bride ever.

Can't recommend highly enough!! Big thank you to mshelsbels! And Good Luck to dawnebabe, not long now, you are in for a treat!!!!
  • mshelsbels
    mshelsbels Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    Shelanne wrote: »
    Just to let everyone who is considering a Gretna Green wedding that this was the best wedding offer ever!!!!

Everything was brilliant, the quality of food and accomodation at the hotel was amazing.

Over at the Blacksmiths they are so professional and accomodating, nothing is too much trouble.

Weddings are their business in Gretna and everyone is so good, have a real "can do" attitude.

Hype hair and beauty in Gretna are fab, the minister we had was super, he let the young bridesmaids strike the anvil which they loved. With so many weddings going on it could feel a bit conveyor belt but it just wasn't - felt like I was the only bride ever.

Can't recommend highly enough!! Big thank you to mshelsbels! And Good Luck to dawnebabe, not long now, you are in for a treat!!!!

Huge huge congratulations! Thats fantastic news - so pleased you had a fabulous day. I feel all glowy inside now!
    All the very best to you both for your future - promise I wont be posting bargain honeymoons anytime soon!

Hels xx
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family