Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    SimIsOnTheUp
    'Chequeless' Money Shop Loan :-/
    • 7th May 11, 4:21 AM
    'Chequeless' Money Shop Loan :-/ 7th May 11 at 4:21 AM
    Hi,

After clearing my past loans with the 'Money Shop', I stupidly took out a 200 loan with them last week.

They want 250 back in 3 weeks and there's no way I can pay it.

I'm a recovering alcoholic and stupidly fell off the wagon last week.

Am already in debt to the tune of 15K +

What's even more worrying is that I told them I was still working in my old job when I haven't worked since January.

Can't sleep worrying about this.

Money Shop apparently take the money straight from your account using your debit card.

I gave them my (secondary) basic bank account Visa debit card, and am now worried I'll be on trouble with Co - op and will lose my account.

Worse still, when Money Shop find out the money isn't in there in three weeks time, they'll call my (ex) employer who'll tell them I no longer work there = fraud = trouble with the law.

The stupid things I've done when I've drank make me feel sick.

Any practical advice as to how I best deal with this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Sim.

PS - Thank You God for helping me stay sober this last week. Back to see some old friends at AA tomorrow. Nervous, but looking forward to it
    Last edited by SimIsOnTheUp; 07-05-2011 at 5:04 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

511Posts Today

4,188Users online

Martin's Twitter