Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    looby75
    How do you stop a Christmas cake from burning?
    • 28th Nov 06, 1:57 PM
    How do you stop a Christmas cake from burning? 28th Nov 06 at 1:57 PM
    While I was out shopping today I had a "brain wave" lol and decided to buy one of those packs to make your own christmas cake from the Weigh Shop.

Only problem is the one and only time I tried to make a christmas cake (about 8 years ago) It was a total disaster, it burnt on top and was soggy in the middle. I think part of the problem was I didn't have the ingredients right, hence buying the "pack" everything you need all ready weighed out for you.

Any tips will be gratefully received, I plan to let the kids help me make it at the weekend.

I know I've left it a bit late, but I'm going away fro Christmas so won't be back to eat it until well into the new year so that gives me a bit extra time (just like the idea of making my own cake )

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,885Posts Today

7,841Users online

Martin's Twitter