Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Tax code ends in 'T' what does it mean?
    • #1
    • 2nd Mar 11, 10:25 AM
    Tax code ends in 'T' what does it mean? 2nd Mar 11 at 10:25 AM
    Hi All

    I'm a student with a PT/casual job (different amount of work each month earning 500 -1000 and so far 5300). My tax code on my pay slip is 644T. So far this year I haven't paid any tax, but have paid NI contributions.

    I just looked this up on the web (HMRC) and it says "If there are any other items we need to review in your tax code, for example the income-related reduction to the Personal Allowance (read more in the section 'Effect on your tax code if your income is above 100,000')."

    I'm a little confused... is the 'T' code right for me? What are the 'other items we need to review'?

    I'm about to start FT work again in Aug.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

305Posts Today

1,248Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker.

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

  • Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

  • Follow Martin