Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Loan for part-time worker/Single parent
    • 25th Jan 11, 12:34 PM
    Loan for part-time worker/Single parent 25th Jan 11 at 12:34 PM
    Hi there, I'm making this thread on behalf of someone else who can't access the net.

Basically, she is in a real tight situation at the moment. She currently is living in a cottage with her ex-partner (Father of the child), they no longer are together so they have decided to part their ways, and their move out date is approximately a week. But the problem is, is that she's going to move out, but she doesn't have any money at all to pay the deposit for the rental, as the majority of places will want a months rent in advance etc. So we did manage to find her a real nice place for her and her child to live in, but he wanted 1500 deposit, so we looked at getting her a loan of this amount, over about 4 years which works out as around 60 a month average, which she can afford easily, but loan companies will refuse her based on the fact she works part-time. I even tried getting one for her, as I knew she could afford it (Her credit history is excellent) as also she would be receiving quite a bit of benefits, but alas, I only work part time too.

She cannot move back home, as due to unfortunate circumstances, she has no family to speak of. She will be put into emergency housing if she cannot find a home for her or her child, which obviously neither of us want, as we want a nice home for her and her child.

So please, if anyone has any advice, on where to get loans for part-time workers, or anything else, reply.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,725Posts Today

7,753Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just finished the 6th and last of this group of @itvMLshow Roadshows, ta to all in Leeds who came. Show will be on Nov - Feb ITV 8pm Mon/Fri

• RT @Ian_McKillop: Thanks to the @MartinSLewis email, just claimed the £200 Winter Fuel Payment due only to my age and single person Council?

• Very funny little viral vid showing how the world would be if it were run by energy companies - worth a watch

• Follow Martin