E: 04/01 2011 Win 48 books to give to friends or family

Options
World Book Night

Form

You need to explain why you want to give your book choice away (a book has to be chosen from a pre-defined list).

Comments

• Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    48 copies of the same book!!!?!!

Can you imagine next Christmas... Hmmm, what's SS bought us? It looks like a book. What one have you got? xxx. Oh, what have you got? The same. And you? The same.

Jeez, she must have got a job lot from the publishers! The cheapskate.:D
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • legobird
    Options
    i entered, but I could not think of who I would give the books to!!!! Although I did make an excellent case for the book I would like to give - hope that might help????????
  • tiny_tear
    tiny_tear Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    The point here is to give books away because you love them.
    I am actually surprised seeing this here in the competitions page as the point of world book night is to SHARE books

I have entered this when i was first announced and hope I will get the chance to go and give random people books just for the experience, not to keep or to consider it a prize
  • Gemsie
    Gemsie Posts: 760 Forumite
    Options
    tiny_tear wrote: »
    The point here is to give books away because you love them.
    I am actually surprised seeing this here in the competitions page as the point of world book night is to SHARE books

I have entered this when i was first announced and hope I will get the chance to go and give random people books just for the experience, not to keep or to consider it a prize

I fully understand your point, but it is sort of a competition. People are selected from the pool of applicants and I would hope that every person entering does so because they love books and want to encourage more people to read. That was my reason for entering. I just thought that this is possibly the best place for it to get the biggest exposure? I'm sorry if I've offended people by posting.
  • freefan01
    freefan01 Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gemsie, I for 1 are glad you posted this, would make a very welcome addition to the local School's English dept if I'm lucky enough to be chosen :)
    Bestof2013-AcerLaptop,years supply of Lindt chocolate,Family to Spain,£500,13 bottles of Wine,iPhone 5,2 night island break,Pedal Bike&Helmet,HuntersWellies,TomTomGPSWatch,3 bottlesVodka
    Dec 2014 - DigitalRadio,Artwork,TekstaPuppy,2xSocks,Cushelle Koala,RoboFish,£50IcelandVouchers,DressingGown,CadburyHamper,
    AirwickSampleHamper
  • tiny_tear
    tiny_tear Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Gemsie wrote: »
    I fully understand your point, but it is sort of a competition. People are selected from the pool of applicants and I would hope that every person entering does so because they love books and want to encourage more people to read. That was my reason for entering. I just thought that this is possibly the best place for it to get the biggest exposure? I'm sorry if I've offended people by posting.

I think it was more other people's comments that annoyed me - keeping the books for christmas and so on...

the point is to give them away on that night...

thanks for creating more exposure anyway!
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Has anyone received an email yet to say they've been chosen? I got an email last week which said they'd let us know after 24th. Perhaps next week we'll all hear? Fingers crossed :)
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039 Now: £91,758.85 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £150 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £94.68 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • Matryoshka
    Matryoshka Posts: 10,408 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Due to the overwhelming response we have had from people applying to become a book giver for World Book Night 2011, we are still assessing the 25,000+ applications. Apologies for the ongoing suspense but we need until Monday the 31st January before can confirm whether or not you have been successful.
    SECRET TO WINNING PRIZES ;):
    If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand.
    Thoughts become things!
    What you think about you bring about!
    No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it.
    Romans 12:15 Be happy with those who are happy :)
  • Matryoshka
    Matryoshka Posts: 10,408 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j :j :j :j :j :j

Congratulations!

We are delighted to inform you that your application to be one of the 20,000 givers on the first World Book Night has been successful.

The book which you are going to be sent 48 copies of is The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.

Thanks once again Gemsie :T
    SECRET TO WINNING PRIZES ;):
    If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand.
    Thoughts become things!
    What you think about you bring about!
    No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it.
    Romans 12:15 Be happy with those who are happy :)
  • MsBubu
    MsBubu Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    Me too! Yay!!!

Congratulations!

We are delighted to inform you that your application to be one of the 20,000 givers on the first World Book Night has been successful.

The book which you are going to be sent 48 copies of is Rachel's Holiday.

Thanks Gemsie!
    2011 Wins: Issey Miyake perfume (from December), Arcancil Nail Polishes, Revlon Fire and Ice Lipstick and Nail Polish, Beauty Hampers, Radox Shower Gels, Neal's Yard Massage oil & Massage Candle, CDs, makeup kits, tanning mist.
    Eleventh Heaven No.198 - 1.2.:).4.5.:).7.:).9.10.11
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport