Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tupperware_Queen
    Post Office Budget Card - good idea??
    • 24th Nov 10, 6:03 PM
    Post Office Budget Card - good idea?? 24th Nov 10 at 6:03 PM
    Having just done BR, and been told by OR that I can only have one bank account, I have been thinking about how to manage my money in terms of irregular bills, such as car tax. In the past I have had numerous accounts, eg one for car, one for clothing, one for repairs etc etc, and just put small amounts in each one - maybe not the best way to get high interest, but it helped me to budget. This option appears to be a none starter if OR won't let me have more than one account ( I have been given a month to close the other one and leave myself with just one)

I have been looking at the Post Office Budget Card. Has anyone used these? From the look of it, its not an actual account, its the replacement for the old saving stamps. You can check balance online and stuff, which would be helpful, and you can use it to pay the bills at the post office.

My reservations are that it is backed by the Irish bank - is this safe in the current climate? and will I have to tell the OR about it, as its not really a bank account?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,578Posts Today

6,598Users online

Martin's Twitter