Utility Warehouse and debtcollectors

Options
hello to everyone

on the 16th of August i changed from utility warehouse to e.on
since then i have recieved a letter from Utility Debt Collectors Ltd saying i have to pay them £331.25 but i never got any letter or bills from utility warehouse??

i phoned Utility warehouse asking why its £331.25 and they said the same old crap that i used more then my priceplan, i said ok how can i pay it and they said i have to deal with Utility Debt Collectors Ltd.

is this correct??

also how to i deal with Utility Debt Collectors Ltd as i dont have £331.25 to give them as everyone knows times are hard

any advice would be greatly recieved

colin

Comments

• Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can usually set up a payment plan with them, say £20-£30 a month, or more if you can afford it.
  • colindecon
    Options
    will they add more on to the debt? or interest?
  • wkdb1tch
    Options
    They didn't in my case.

Same thing as you, changed suppliers, had an excess to pay, which admittedly was rather more than I was expecting, but when I received the demand letter - they missed out at least one notification of final amount to pay before sending the 'heavy' - I asked how much a month they wanted, £30, which I didn't have available, so offered them £10 - flat out refused, even after I'd explained circumstances (just been laid off, single parent etc), and that they'd pass on to the collection company.

Rang the collection company myself, to see if they'd take my offer..... after about 20 minutes of hold, passed along, hold, passed along, got through to the original guy that refused my offer!

They accepted it in the end, funnily enough, cleared it in full this month - yay me!

Utility Debt ARE Utility Warehouse!
    Debt 1 Oct09 £749.00 now £578.35
    Debt 2 Oct09 £357.65 now £215.15
    Debt 3 Oct09 £826.76 now £707.76
    Debt 4 Paid in full after 5 years
    Debt 5 Paid in full after 2 years
  • itlbeok
    Options
    i only lived in the property for 8 weeks and paid a some of £52 for 2 weeks then a futher £95 for 4 weeks i then left the property and had a futher £72 bill! WITHOUT warning i was sent debt collection letters, i thought that this was a mistake so i left the situation alone, and now i have their department higher up writing me letters saying "PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER" .. in my opinion they are way to expensive and try and make money out of you for anything and everything! i had a futher problem with them just before i left them! if anyone has any common sense they would leave this company!
  • fuppet
    Options
    I got a bill from these the day after I moved in... not even in my name, well the bill was actuallly from Telecom Plus PLC it seemed. Then it went to the de collectors. Strange as I just moved to the UK, and already getting a bill from a "Telecom" company I never heard of. After checking their website it seems thst both companys are the same pretty much, and most of the links on the sites does not work, nor do their email. So, after checking companies house and then google-map the registrested offices... it looks way dodgy. I found a street view of some little corener shop in the middle of the sticks! There is not way these muppets are going to get a pence outta me.

/Gio
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport