Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    inloadsofdebt
    Cougar financial services (capital one account)
    • 28th Aug 10, 4:33 PM
    Cougar financial services (capital one account) 28th Aug 10 at 4:33 PM
    CFS have refused my offer of payment, as it is insufficient, they have asked for more than four times the amount I have offered. I have just received notification from the last of my creditors saying they accept my offer of repayment. Three have accepted, two have not (roughly 85% of the amount of debt have accepted the offer). Cougar Financial Services have continued to call me asking for me to pay what they will accept.

I have been silly, and while waiting to hear from my other creditors to see if they will accept or not, I have ignored the calls from CFS as I am writing to them stating my offer again, but needed to know whether my other creditors have accepted my offer. My neighbour has knocked today with a letter from them addressed to her house (even though they called my house this morning). She said she has been getting phone calls from a financial services company looking for me even though she has told them I don't live there the calls have continued. The letter says they have traced my new address, I don't have a new address.

How are they allowed to ring my neighbour (completely different first name surname to me). How can they say a trace has put me as living there, I have never lived there.

My neighbour now knows I am having financial difficulties and I think they have done this to harass me. Is it okay for them to harass my neighbours? I have told them I don't want to speak to them on the phone, but they have ignored this, and now that I am not taking their calls they are calling my next door neighbour? This seems totally against data protection to me? Or are they allowed to do this?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

234Posts Today

2,362Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin