Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > anyone understand how these 'Globogift' certifica... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
anyone understand how these 'Globogift' certificates work?
Closed Thread
Views: 3,128
# 1
lilbooboo
Old 24-08-2010, 8:42 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default anyone understand how these 'Globogift' certificates work?

Any one who does surveys with Zoompanel may have heard of them as they use Globogift as their reward voucher...received my gift voucher in an email today with instructions on how to redeem it...you input your country, choose which retailer you want to redeem it for, then go to check out and put your reward ID in...this is where i got confused...it converted the amount from 25us dollars to british pounds...about 15 i think, told me to input my debit card details for the other 9!! i shouldn't have to pay to top it up, it's supposed to be a reward, i would be quite happy to just have the 15 it converted to but it wouldn't let me pass without insisting on my bank details....anyone familiar with this system who could help me get my head around it? much appreiciated...
2013: May: smellies, baby goodies. November: Lego Build and Play box. December: children's books.
2014: June: Goodreads book (still awaiting) July: giant foam puzzles (still awaiting), book
# 2
cally6008
Old 24-08-2010, 9:02 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

that sounds dodgy to me, does google through up any ideas ?

# 3
davester
Old 24-08-2010, 9:08 PM

google doesnt bring up much thats good, a few positive reviews but alot of sites that scream scam.
Survey earnings total 2009 417, 2010 875, 2011 574
# 4
kell.b
Old 27-08-2010, 7:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I've never seen Globogift certificates on Zoom, when did they start doing these?
# 5
lilbooboo
Old 29-08-2010, 9:25 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

not sure...think they've been there all the time but you have to have quite a few zoompoints before you can redeem a $25 globogift voucher...i think i went to the gift area and where there are 3 portfolios it's in the one which has prizes which you can get when you get that many points...the other portfolios with less points have other prizes in.
2013: May: smellies, baby goodies. November: Lego Build and Play box. December: children's books.
2014: June: Goodreads book (still awaiting) July: giant foam puzzles (still awaiting), book
# 6
clemmatis
Old 29-08-2010, 9:24 PM

I had one too. I had a problem too, I had to choose a voucher but their conversion left me short of the money I needed for it, so I had to settle for one worth quite a bit less than the 'reward' I should have had (for a 10 pounds one). I haven't done a Zoompanel survey since (not that this is their fault), it is hardly worth the hassle anyway and definitely not when there is no straightforward way to get the money you're owed...
The Following User Says Thank You to clemmatis For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
veggieblob
Old 26-09-2010, 12:34 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

last time I claimed a globogift cert I made the value up to the level I needed so that I didn't lose out. I have just put in a claim today so can update on progress if you like. They are genuine though and I've never had an problems with them.
Closed Thread