IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Encarta Fine Wines Ltd
Closed Thread
Views: 2,152
# 1
JonathonM
Old 24-08-2010, 11:30 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Encarta Fine Wines Ltd

Hi, I have been using this company for the last 2 years, i am very pleased with the returns i have been seeing ( Around 20% per year) far better than what my stocks & shares have been doing???

I just wondered if anyone else have used Encarta Fine Wines and how their portfolios are performing?

Thanks

Jonathon M
# 2
Browntoa
Old 24-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

some interesting information here

http://investdrinks-blog.blogspot.co...orst-case.html

seem they were set up July 2009

quote from the above

Encarta Fine Wines Ltd was set up on 9th July 2009

and the web address only registered in October 2009 according to whois when I checked just now
I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Last edited by Browntoa; 24-08-2010 at 12:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Browntoa For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
ml66uk
Old 27-09-2010, 5:06 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I think they're a scam

I've received about five calls from them now, despite having an unlisted number, being on the ICSTIS do-not-call list, and repeatedly telling them I don't want any more calls. They are incredibly persistent, and I just can't see a genuine company behaving that way. If they call you, just hang up, or if you have time on their hands, you may want to waste as much of their time as possible. Why not ask them for their home address and phone number, since they'll probably have yours.

JonathonM looks like a sock-puppet to me.

Last edited by ml66uk; 27-09-2010 at 5:08 PM. Reason: fixed typo
# 4
Cautious Investor
Old 27-09-2010, 8:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Sock puppet?
# 5
dunstonh
Old 27-09-2010, 8:26 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Quote:
Hi, I have been using this company for the last 2 years, i am very pleased with the returns i have been seeing ( Around 20% per year) far better than what my stocks & shares have been doing???
How have you managed to get 2 years of returns out of a scheme that hasnt been running two years?

Last year the stockmarket grew by over 40%. So, your made up 20% figure looks rather poor compared to that.

They are unregulated and judging by this thread, quite happy to spam using false pretences and tell lies. Generally, that means you should avoid them like the plague.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Browntoa
Old 27-09-2010, 8:34 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

why i thought I'd leave it up so it gets picked up on google
I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

The Following User Says Thank You to Browntoa For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
dunstonh
Old 27-09-2010, 9:44 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browntoa View Post
why i thought I'd leave it up so it gets picked up on google
Good idea. As MSE usually appears high up on the google searches, this thread is now an embarrassment to encarta fine wines and shows what they are really like.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
# 8
ml66uk
Old 27-09-2010, 11:11 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cautious Investor View Post
Sock puppet?
I think JonathonM is connected to the people who run Encarta Fine Wines, but posing as a regular investor.

I can't post the link, but if you google "sock puppet", the Wikipedia page explains how the term is used.
The Following User Says Thank You to ml66uk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread