IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
imutual
Views: 13,697
# 1
Ric
Old 28-06-2010, 10:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default imutual

Quote:
Save Money Today

Everyone loves to save money. And in the past few years, many different websites have become successful by helping people to do just that: price comparison, cashback websites, product reviews, voucher code sites and money saving / bargain forums. Imagine if there was one site you could go to for all of these money-saving resources; a site that is genuinely independent because it is run by its members for its members and, most importantly, actually owned by its members. With no conflict of interest between what's best for you and what's best for the company's shareholders. That site has arrived and it's called imutual.

Cashback

First and foremost, imutual is a cashback website. It provides links to most of the best known online retailers, and when you use these links to visit these retailers and make purchases, you can receive free cashback. That's it - just for using the links on imutual rather than going directly to the retailer website. You get the same products from the same retailers at the same great prices; it is one of those rare occasions when the word 'free' actually means 'free'! Cashback websites have been around for several years now - I founded one of the first back in 2003 and have been managing cashback sites ever since - so I bring a wealth of expertise to imutual to ensure that its cashback service delivers what it promises.

Shares

But imutual offers something more than cashback, and something truly unique. To reward loyalty, imutual also offers its members free shares in the company - imutual PLC. You pay nothing for the shares; they are a reward for doing things that benefit the company, like clicking on its sponsored links or spreading the word about imutual. In fact, imutual members will own 90% of the shares in imutual PLC, with staff owning the remaining 10%. With no 'outside' shareholders, we can all work together and help fellow members to save money, earn cashback and find great deals. A central feature of imutual is its discussion forums, which enable members to act as a single community; to interact, share information and co-operate.

The Vision

The long term vision for imutual extends far beyond cashback and bargain-hunting. By rewarding members with free shares, we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; a powerful group of (potentially) millions of shareholders who work together for imutual benefit. Just think of any online concept: social networks, auctions, payment systems, group purchasing, even dating! With sufficient members, these can all be developed through imutual and any profits benefit you - because you own the company!
DO IT NOW!

A great journey starts with a single step. So take that step now, join this exciting new venture and register for imutual today.
From the forum:

Quote:
Who are the people behind imutual?

I, Richard Yendall, am the founder of imutual. I created one of the UK's first cashback websites, Rpoints.com, back in 2003 and have been operating that and similar sites ever since. I have personally authorised millions of pounds in cashback payments to members of those sites, so you can be assured of my reputation within the industry and that this is for real!

I have brought together a small team with considerable expertise in this field to help get imutual off the ground, and no doubt that will grow as the company does.

It is also my intention to get willing members involved in certain aspects of imutual and, as a first step in that direction, we hope that as many of you as possible will contribute to discussions in our forums
My referral link: http://www.imutual.co.uk/?ref=30
Non-referral: http://www.imutual.co.uk/
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
CharlieBilly
Old 28-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

He has taken all the
Quote:
What the press say
and then posted it on that, slightly deceitful given if the quotes were for rpoints and not that other site
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlieBilly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Sarah7
Old 29-06-2010, 12:00 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

imutual is a new cashback site owned by its members which rewards 100% cashback rates plus free shares. Receive free shares just for joining and also more shares for getting involved and using the services provided by your company!

imutual is also a brand you can trust, founded by cashback pioneer Richard Yendall (already well known for establishing other long running and successful cashback sites in the UK such as Rpoints and Cashback Kings).

If you join - please use my referral link:
http://www.imutual.co.uk/?ref=24

Non-referral link:
http://www.imutual.co.uk/

Referral Scheme: Receive 10 bonus shares for every referred friend who joins and completes the 'shareholder registration' process within 3 months of joining.

Thanks!
# 4
glider3560
Old 29-06-2010, 1:40 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

My referral link is http://www.imutual.co.uk/?ref=45
I'd be grateful if the next person could use my link - thank you!

http://www.imutual.co.uk/cashback

Last edited by glider3560; 01-10-2010 at 3:10 PM.
# 5
geordie joe
Old 29-06-2010, 2:10 PM

Personally I think offering shares is a big con.

The more people that join, and the more shares they earn, the less each share will be worth.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geordie joe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
geordie joe
Old 29-06-2010, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imutual View Post

Re: shares. Clearly, inactive members will get diluted by more active members who keep earning shares. But the fact remains that 90% of the shares are allocated to members, in a manner that fairly reflects their activity on the site.
Yes but the more shares a member earns the less each one is worth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geordie joe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
geordie joe
Old 29-06-2010, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browntoa View Post
allowed the above post while they apply for company rep status
WHY? Poker Dave kept getting his posts deleted when he came in and tried to explain about Cashinco. He didn't get special treatment while he was waiting for "comapany status"

And I can assure you, a lot more people in here were a lot more interested in hearing about what was happening with Cashico that they are in hearing what imutual has to say.

Edit: For those who don't know, the owner of Cashinco joined and posted as Cashinco, but had previously tried to sell the Cashinco web site under the name of Poker Dave and that is why I refered to him as Poker Dave and not Cashinco.

But the name he used is irrelevant, his posts were still deleted because he had not been verified as "representing the company".

Last edited by geordie joe; 29-06-2010 at 10:46 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geordie joe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
bristolleedsfan
Old 29-06-2010, 8:57 PM

Clearly Mr Yendell appears to believe that "rules" apply to his own/ex forums yet other sites forum rules dont apply to him.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...32075&page=144
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bristolleedsfan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
savemoney
Old 29-06-2010, 9:02 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I knew it wouldnt be long before Sarah was here after all she uses these forums mealy to plug her referrals as does the OP too. Both are moderators on rpoints funny she shows up no sooner that this thread appeared as I suspect she and OP came here as instructed to do so to give that site some free publicity

Of course we now have company on too what a surprise

I stick with topcashback myself

edit as she still is a moderator for Mr Yendell web sites and so is Ric both regularly I use MSE to plug my referrals rather than actually give anything back

Last edited by savemoney; 30-06-2010 at 1:43 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to savemoney For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
bristolleedsfan
Old 29-06-2010, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemoney View Post
I knew it wouldnt be long before Sarah was here after all she uses these forums mealy to plug her referrals and I believe was a moderator on rpoints funny she shows up no sooner that the thread appeared as I suspect she and OP came here as instructed to do so to give that site some free publicity

I stick with topcashback myself

Still is until I guess Mr Yendell hand picks his new site moderators based on ............

http://www.rpoints.com/bb/profile.ph...rofile&u=21179

http://www.cashbackkings.com/bb/prof...file&u=3000295

Funny thing is Cashback Kings Referral thread was launched on MSE by another R-Points forum moderator.

Last edited by bristolleedsfan; 29-06-2010 at 9:23 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bristolleedsfan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
savemoney
Old 29-06-2010, 9:16 PM

Good find I suspected this was the case.

Just saw Sarah on there and was doing work and you beat me to it

Very unhand way of getting promotion cant be a coincidence this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristolleedsfan View Post
Still is until I guess Mr Yendell hand picks his new site moderators based on ............

http://www.rpoints.com/bb/profile.ph...rofile&u=21179

http://www.cashbackkings.com/bb/prof...file&u=3000295
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to savemoney For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
geordie joe
Old 29-06-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:

What bothers me is we have "company not verified" being allowed to post.

I thought this forum was "one rule for all", not "one rule for most, but we'll bend for our friends".

Last edited by geordie joe; 29-06-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typed must instead of most
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geordie joe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
geordie joe
Old 29-06-2010, 10:53 PM

For the benefit of the board guides

Quote:
MSE TEAM PERMISSION: CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENTS

Company representatives are actively encouraged to post on the forum to provide good customer service to MoneySavers. They should not be using the opportunity to tout for business.
# 14
savemoney
Old 30-06-2010, 1:35 AM

So would this site be because rpoints is going down the pan?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=34263273

"Seven years after founding Rpoints, it is with mixed feelings that I announce my departure from the company

There have been (and still are) some wonderful people on this site and many (lucrative/entertaining/informative etc) posts on the forums.

Oh and we managed to pay out a few million in cashback at the same time

So thanks one and all for your support and company over the past seven years. I wish my successors well. Take care"

http://www.rpoints.com/bb/viewtopic....210864&start=0

Stick with Topcashback or Quidco folks

Last edited by savemoney; 30-06-2010 at 1:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savemoney For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Blackpool_Saver
Old 30-06-2010, 1:42 AM

shares? what shares, what does that mean?

sorry, just saw this:

Shares

But imutual offers something more than cashback, and something truly unique. To reward loyalty, imutual also offers its members free shares in the company - imutual PLC. You pay nothing for the shares; they are a reward for doing things that benefit the company, like clicking on its sponsored links or spreading the word about imutual. In fact, imutual members will own 90% of the shares in imutual PLC, with staff owning the remaining 10%. With no 'outside' shareholders, we can all work together and help fellow members to save money, earn cashback and find great deals. A central feature of imutual is its discussion forums, which enable members to act as a single community; to interact, share information and co-operate.
Blackpool_Saver is female

Last edited by Blackpool_Saver; 30-06-2010 at 1:44 AM.
# 16
deanos
Old 30-06-2010, 6:17 AM

As the ex owner of CBK + Rpoints can you let us know if we will get our money ?

Why should anyone trust you on your new site when you did a runner on your old ones ??

Last edited by deanos; 30-06-2010 at 6:20 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deanos For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Markyt
Old 30-06-2010, 9:12 AM

Themutual.net failed spectacularly a few years ago with the same idea of offering shares. Just a worthless incentive to get people to use it, as far as I could tell.

Edit - actually, it still seems to be around but it's not clear if it is the same format as it was.

Last edited by Markyt; 30-06-2010 at 9:56 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markyt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Antispam
Old 30-06-2010, 10:23 AM

I bet you would then you can moderate that with your gang of mods who now appears to want to get your cashback site free publicity

Shares is just a PR stunt nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by imutual View Post
Well, that's not really related to this topic but will be happy to answer on our forums
The Following User Says Thank You to Antispam For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Ric
Old 30-06-2010, 11:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Very unhand way of getting promotion cant be a coincidence this
Continue your conspiracy theories if you like. I don't owe you an explanation but you'll get one anyway....

I've never been a moderator on Rpoints, just an ordinary member.

I was invited to be a moderator on CBK by T when he was working there. It was much to my surprise as I hadn't exactly been a model Rpoints member, and I expect Mr Yendall wasn't too impressed at me being asked. That said, I quit CBK a while ago due to the way its customers were being treated with no hint of any customer service or administrative input. I can't even log into the site now I've quit. The fact they still have me down as a 'helper' is due to their administrative inadequacies. Unlike BLF when I quit I actually hit the quit button. While I was there he promised at least twice not to post on their forums anymore, but couldn't resist going back for more.

BLF et al are very keen to post selective links, but anyone who is on Rpoints will know I haven't been backwards about posting on the forum criticising the setup, running of the site and lack of customer service.

I first heard about imutual through an email from another ordinary Rpoints member. When it went live I joined, and I was pretty amazed to find that no-one had posted it on here. The launch date was hinted at on the Rpoints forum, which is why I knew when it was going live. I did not have any inside knowledge that wasn't freely available to read on the rpoints forum.

So,
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemoney
Both are moderators on rpoints funny she shows up no sooner that this thread appeared as I suspect she and OP came here as instructed to do so to give that site some free publicity
...is factually wrong in relation to me and in my opinion was posted just to try to cause trouble. But congratulations on evoking a response.
# 20
geordie joe
Old 30-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
That said, I quit CBK a while ago due to the way its customers were being treated with no hint of any customer service or administrative input.
Have I got this right?

You quit the two previous sites because of the reasons above, then when the person starts a third site you go and join it and come in here to encourage others to join too.

What do you think has changed?