Welcome to the Music MoneySaving board

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 5 May 2011 at 11:46AM in Music MoneySaving
Hi welcome to this new board,

The idea's simple, it's to discuss music bargains, where to buy CDs, Albums, music DVDs, mp3 players, stereos, music systems, grab free tracks, buying instruments, cheap lessons, music grants and more.

Part of it is on the back of popularity of the tunechecker mp3 & CD comparison tool, but we hope the discussion will be much wider than that.

One important note though - discussion of methods of illegal filesharing or downloading is not permitted on this board. If you see it please report it to [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I ask whether you include musical instruments, are these threads welcome here too?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Options
    Nile wrote: »
    Can I ask whether you include musical instruments, are these threads welcome here too?

Yes I've added it into my OP :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    Options
    brilliant Martin as a now avid ipod fan of this is great for me for my other obsession of money saving .

Liz
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • LauraBT40
    Options
    What a great thread! I work with the Big Top 40 show, so will be sure to keep you all informed of any potential freebies or competitions we've got going on. Laura
  • LucianaLucy
    Options
    Yes, really nice thread..!
  • Deva000
    Deva000 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Great idea and nice thead!!
  • Hollie_Rose_2
    Options
    I save money on a website called http://www.uktop40.com/ - the website is basically all the latest music and you can download it right to your ITunes. I've been signed up on the site a while now and I've been given money off purchases from websites like Amazon and Play.com. It's really cool :)
  • OldSchool_3
    OldSchool_3 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Rose how do you get money with this chart?Can you share some tips.
    :rotfl::rotfl:I said it cause I can:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Amy77_2
    Amy77_2 Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    I save money on a website called http://www.uktop40.com/ 37.gif - the website is basically all the latest music and you can download it right to your ITunes. I've been signed up on the site a while now and I've been given money off purchases from websites like Amazon and Play.com. It's really cool :)
    Thanks alot gonna give this a try.
  • M.E.
    M.E. Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am a member of a handbell team and we have a great deal of handwritten music, some over 30 years old.
    I would like to copy the music into a software package to make it easier to read and alter. I don't need it to "play-back", just to typeset the music. I need base and treble clef and the ability to have up to 10 notes in a chord.
    Can anyone recommend such a package, please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure