Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • judy2357
    • By judy2357 23rd Jan 10, 9:05 PM
    • 3,649Posts
    • 23,957Thanks
    judy2357
    Boots - Estee Lauder deal
    • 23rd Jan 10, 9:05 PM
    Boots - Estee Lauder deal 23rd Jan 10 at 9:05 PM
    Whilst in Boots today, I spotted leaflets on the Estee Lauder counter offering £7.50 worth of points when you buy any 3 Estee Lauder products (one has to be foundation). Have no idea what these products cost and imagine they are expensive but hope this will be of help to someone.
Page 1
  • bc3000
    • 23rd Jan 10, 9:27 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 9:27 PM
    The foundation is about £25 and the make up remover/cleanser is £16- just as an indication

• judy2357
    • By judy2357 23rd Jan 10, 9:55 PM
    • 3,649 Posts
    • 23,957 Thanks
    judy2357
    • 23rd Jan 10, 9:55 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 9:55 PM
    The foundation is about £25 and the make up remover/cleanser is £16- just as an indication
    Originally posted by bc3000
    Thanks I thought as much, not likely to be any glitch or bargain there then

Still if anyone on here could afford it, perhaps the points will help.
    2008£3002009£13002010£15002011£41952012£21942013£1494
    2014£24402015£10222016JAN£20FEB£210MARBodywashFootballDelmontejuiceEscargotFacecreamBaby GymAceBritaBottleAPRJenningsT-ShirtWalkersBowlGrandmasDVDRowoTrappedBoxsetMAYWillowPouchBag£65BathPillowCrCardProtector,CurryJUN£10MilkshakeJULpennywellAUGCameraFootproducts£27SEPMiniBBQ
  • karenx
    • 23rd Jan 10, 10:19 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 10:19 PM
    Foundation is £23, I got some other day. I love their double wear!!
    • avstar
    • By avstar 23rd Jan 10, 10:48 PM
    • 1,134 Posts
    • 4,359 Thanks
    avstar
    • 23rd Jan 10, 10:48 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 10:48 PM
    Foundation is £23, I got some other day. I love their double wear!!
    Originally posted by karenx
    I used some points to buy double wear, and it's fab! It's def worth the money, much better than the cheaper brands I usually buy.
  • teabythesea
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:10 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:10 PM
    I personally think they're rubbish, everyone I know who has tried even the lightest shade of EL has looked orange!!
    • eklynne
    • By eklynne 23rd Jan 10, 11:23 PM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 4,538 Thanks
    eklynne
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:23 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:23 PM
    Estee Lauder foundation is too heavy for younger skin I always feel. It smells like grannies too. My mum wears it, but she's 63.
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • teabythesea
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:28 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:28 PM
    LOL @ it smells like grannies :P
    • MarsdenCuckoo
    • By MarsdenCuckoo 23rd Jan 10, 11:43 PM
    • 2,926 Posts
    • 3,376 Thanks
    MarsdenCuckoo
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:43 PM
    • 23rd Jan 10, 11:43 PM
    Only ever wear a light foundation/tinted moisturiser but Avon have a mindboggling selection; you also get to try it out and return it for a full refund if you don't like it!
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon )
    • nickyhutch
    • By nickyhutch 23rd Jan 10, 11:45 PM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    nickyhutch
    THe Doublewear is great, and I'm not a granny, honest! Covers all sorts up, and stays there all day (and I put mine on at 6.30am!).
  • Search
    I love Double Wear, it is all I will use and I am far from a 'granny'! Although, not that it would matter if I were! Just shows you how much opinions can vary, to each their own. In my opinion it is a fab product!

I wouldn't dream of wearing any cheaper brands of foundation now and haven't for years. It is the best I have tried of all the premium brands by a mile. I do agree about the colours though, only the very lightest one is suitable for me since I gave up the tanning beds, and I don't think Estee are great at foundations/products for very fair skin generally. Otherwise, great foundation.
    • jazzconfused
    • By jazzconfused 24th Jan 10, 1:29 AM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 2,001 Thanks
    jazzconfused
    day wear plus tinted moisturiser is fab. very well blends with my skin and very very light u cant hardly tell. whats more, its anti-oxidant. whatever that means. maybe dearer but will last u long..
    i wish i have live my life a little bit off the book, took a chance and gamble
    • nickyhutch
    • By nickyhutch 24th Jan 10, 8:27 AM
    • 6,907 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    nickyhutch
    day wear plus tinted moisturiser is fab. very well blends with my skin and very very light u cant hardly tell. whats more, its anti-oxidant. whatever that means. maybe dearer but will last u long..
    Originally posted by jazzconfused
    That's true - I wear it every day and it lasts me 6 weeks or so.
  • Lincolnite
    Estee Lauder might be a well established brand but it certainly isn't exclusively for 'grannies' - I'm a 24 year old ex-model and Miss England contestant and I found the Estee Lauder foundation range to be excellent: not too heavy, or orange (as someone has suggested - i have rather pale skin) and great value for money as I never wore it heavily and only for nights out (special occasions).

Definitely worth the £20-25 price tag considering how long it lasts if used conservatively...
  • teabythesea
    Miss England contestant? Did we need to know that...? Hmmm!
  • bc3000
    I personally think they're rubbish, everyone I know who has tried even the lightest shade of EL has looked orange!!
    Originally posted by teabythesea
    I've got the lightest shade and it definitely doesn't look orange lol

• teabythesea
    It might just be me then, I've also tried Chanel's lightest shade and it looks orange on me!
    • eklynne
    • By eklynne 24th Jan 10, 12:00 PM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 4,538 Thanks
    eklynne
    Oops! Sorry if I offended anyone, I wasn't suggesting anything bad at all about Estee Lauder! It's just that my wee granny wore it and my mum who's now a granny wears it! Maybe subconsciously I just associate it with grannies. The ads seem kind of geared towards ladies of a certain age too. I certainly don't buy cheap foundation, it's not the price that puts me off, I wear Benefit (or Clinique when I'm particularly flush) as I feel they are more geared towards younger skin. I feel brands like Estee Lauder are maybe aimed at the older market as they tend to be quite heavy - ie provide more coverage for ageing skin? I think young skin can look kind of clogged with these heavy foundations. Hmmm, yes it is strange how opinions on things are formed isn't it?
    Maybe I should pop into Boots and have a look...........oh damn, I can't. Doing this no toiletries challenge........ :rolleyes:
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • crocodileteeth
    If you can wait until 4th Feb House of Fraser are having a gift time.
    Normally quite a good deal.

Btw I use double wear light. Still stays on but doesn't feel like a mask.

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/in_store_events/gift_time.tmpl
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 24th Jan 10, 10:35 PM
    • 4,458 Posts
    • 1,835 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    Originally posted by teabythesea

My daugter is paler then pale and she manages to find a nice really light shade
    travelover
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,013Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin