IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Boots 75% off sale
Closed Thread
Views: 31,808
# 1
WOW Factor 0
squoog
Old 03-01-2010, 4:27 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Boots 75% off sale

I just read on HUKD (thanks to hotorwhat?!) that the 75% off sale will start on Jan 13th. A date for your diary!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to squoog For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
SharkyGeorge
Old 03-01-2010, 4:02 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Is this in the stores as well? And is it basically everything left over from 50%?
# 3
Vixie_Pixie
Old 03-01-2010, 5:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yep its in the stores. It is usually stuff that they don't sell in the 50%. However last year my local boots store was putting stock out that i hadn't seen in the 3 for 2 or 50%. I'm hoping they do the same again! They were in the 50% so i'm keeping everything crossed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vixie_Pixie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Stompydebs
Old 03-01-2010, 5:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default boots

Thanks,, popped into my local boots today ,,wondered when the 75% sale starts,, great for getting bits to put away for next xmas :-)
# 5
hankse1
Old 04-01-2010, 9:28 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Any idea when the 75% sale starts online. Last year i left my computer on all night for 3 days and if I woke up in the night kept going and refreshing the page until is was a bout 4am in the morning when I managed to get some 75% sale items but it was a right nightmare as the system kept crashing and if you didn't check out quick the stuff in your basket dwindled away as other people were checking out before me:confused:
The Following User Says Thank You to hankse1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
zippybungle
Old 04-01-2010, 9:52 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Smile

I would definately put my money on the Sale starting next some time next week, most likely Tuesday. For the last 2 years it has been before the 16th (that is my Daughters Bday).

I managed to get everything I ordered online last year, think I was just lucky though, as the site crashes every year.

Zippy x
Busy working Mum of 3
# 7
rose28454
Old 04-01-2010, 10:06 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoog View Post
I just read on HUKD (thanks to hotorwhat?!) that the 75% off sale will start on Jan 13th. A date for your diary!
There is already a thread for this named Boots 50% off sale for more info. Last year I too stayed up nights waiting and it went live about 5.00am and I managed to get most of my order before the site crashed. I also got my OH to take me to the large town near us for opening time. Interestingly enough there were staff , who were obviously not working that day, leaving with bags full while we were queing. However there was plenty left for everyone. I took full advantage of the ACM machine offers and split my shopping in to lots to get the most points. I have only just used up all the bits I bought for Xmas and birthdays. Also if you go on to the site and put the bits you like into your fa vourites when it goes live at 75% you should be able to complete yourorder quicker. I am one of the peopl who subscribed to the original Boots thread on here before it got !!!!!y and was closed down Good luck to all
The Following User Says Thank You to rose28454 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Lehman
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks. I will be in the UK for this date and I love sales at Boots. Last time bought 100ml Dior parfume for 15 quid there, which costs around EUR 50 in Amsterdam.
# 9
purplestar133
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've been looking for the big Boots mega thread that is huge and lists all the offers on in Boots at the moment. Can't find it anywhere! rose28454, is that the thread you mean? Has it gone and why? :confusedo you have a link to the thread about the sale?

Thanks1
The Following User Says Thank You to purplestar133 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
sarah1972
Old 08-01-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestar133 View Post
I've been looking for the big Boots mega thread that is huge and lists all the offers on in Boots at the moment. Can't find it anywhere! rose28454, is that the thread you mean? Has it gone and why? :confusedo you have a link to the thread about the sale?

Thanks1
Link to sale thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=2158217
I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE? http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sit...oduction-guide
The Following User Says Thank You to sarah1972 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
carolrbarry
Old 11-01-2010, 5:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Arrow Boots sale 75%

Am hoping its the 14th as Im off work that day! If not will have to go to town first then work
# 12
catmc
Old 11-01-2010, 5:48 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default definetly the 14th

hi it is the 14th i asked in my local boots store as i got loads last year and just finished using all my stuff up
# 13
DianneB
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestar133 View Post

Thanks1
Me too!! please tell us why that thread was closed down?!? :confused:
# 14
hankse1
Old 12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

i can confirm that it is def not tommorrow just heard from my area manager that its all stores and is not until the 20th sorry guys, i was watching a couple of bits at work i wanted to get tomorrow too xxx

This is what is being said on the other thread
# 15
amandagray
Old 12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have just phoned my local store and its tomorrow the 13th......can't wait all excited now ha.
# 16
slouise05
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default boots 75% not tomorrow

Hi all like the rest off you can not wait for this boots 75% sale to start just rang two branches have been told off both def not tomorrow will be next week
# 17
missymugwump
Old 12-01-2010, 2:38 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The lady in my local one said it was tomorrow too ?
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
# 18
jla1051
Old 12-01-2010, 2:41 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I spoke to a friend today who is the manager of a Boots store, she said it was supposed to be tomorrow (13th) but they have postponed it. She hasn't had the new date yet though. :confused:
The Following User Says Thank You to jla1051 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
fruitcake
Old 12-01-2010, 3:47 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just read it may be the 20th now....but then that may be another rouse...by the bosses at big shoes...:confused:
# 20
purplestar133
Old 12-01-2010, 5:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneB View Post
Me too!! please tell us why that thread was closed down?!? :confused:
Someone replied to me with a reason here:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=2190317
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplestar133 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread