Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • SharkyGeorge
    • 3rd Jan 10, 4:02 PM
    • 3rd Jan 10, 4:02 PM
    Is this in the stores as well? And is it basically everything left over from 50%?
  • Vixie_Pixie
    • 3rd Jan 10, 5:35 PM
    • 3rd Jan 10, 5:35 PM
    Yep its in the stores. It is usually stuff that they don't sell in the 50%. However last year my local boots store was putting stock out that i hadn't seen in the 3 for 2 or 50%. I'm hoping they do the same again! They were in the 50% so i'm keeping everything crossed!
  • Stompydebs
    • 3rd Jan 10, 5:40 PM
    boots
    • 3rd Jan 10, 5:40 PM
    Thanks,, popped into my local boots today ,,wondered when the 75% sale starts,, great for getting bits to put away for next xmas :-)
  • hankse1
    • 4th Jan 10, 9:28 AM
    • 4th Jan 10, 9:28 AM
    Any idea when the 75% sale starts online. Last year i left my computer on all night for 3 days and if I woke up in the night kept going and refreshing the page until is was a bout 4am in the morning when I managed to get some 75% sale items but it was a right nightmare as the system kept crashing and if you didn't check out quick the stuff in your basket dwindled away as other people were checking out before me:confused:
  • zippybungle
    • 4th Jan 10, 9:52 AM
    • 4th Jan 10, 9:52 AM
    I would definately put my money on the Sale starting next some time next week, most likely Tuesday. For the last 2 years it has been before the 16th (that is my Daughters Bday).

I managed to get everything I ordered online last year, think I was just lucky though, as the site crashes every year.

Zippy x
    Busy working Mum of 3
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 4th Jan 10, 10:06 AM
    • 4,181 Posts
    • 41,604 Thanks
    rose28454
    • 4th Jan 10, 10:06 AM
    • 4th Jan 10, 10:06 AM
    I just read on HUKD (thanks to hotorwhat?!) that the 75% off sale will start on Jan 13th. A date for your diary!
    Originally posted by squoog
    There is already a thread for this named Boots 50% off sale for more info. Last year I too stayed up nights waiting and it went live about 5.00am and I managed to get most of my order before the site crashed. I also got my OH to take me to the large town near us for opening time. Interestingly enough there were staff , who were obviously not working that day, leaving with bags full while we were queing. However there was plenty left for everyone. I took full advantage of the ACM machine offers and split my shopping in to lots to get the most points. I have only just used up all the bits I bought for Xmas and birthdays. Also if you go on to the site and put the bits you like into your fa vourites when it goes live at 75% you should be able to complete yourorder quicker. I am one of the peopl who subscribed to the original Boots thread on here before it got !!!!!y and was closed down Good luck to all
  • Lehman
    • 4th Jan 10, 10:18 AM
    • 4th Jan 10, 10:18 AM
    Thanks. I will be in the UK for this date and I love sales at Boots. Last time bought 100ml Dior parfume for 15 quid there, which costs around EUR 50 in Amsterdam.
    • purplestar133
    • By purplestar133 8th Jan 10, 11:26 AM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 1,286 Thanks
    purplestar133
    • 8th Jan 10, 11:26 AM
    • 8th Jan 10, 11:26 AM
    I've been looking for the big Boots mega thread that is huge and lists all the offers on in Boots at the moment. Can't find it anywhere! rose28454, is that the thread you mean? Has it gone and why? :confusedo you have a link to the thread about the sale?

Thanks1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Jan 10, 12:30 PM
    • 10,653 Posts
    • 35,082 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I've been looking for the big Boots mega thread that is huge and lists all the offers on in Boots at the moment. Can't find it anywhere! rose28454, is that the thread you mean? Has it gone and why? :confusedo you have a link to the thread about the sale?

Thanks1
    Originally posted by purplestar133
    Link to sale thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2158217
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

New to MSE?http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-introduction-guide?_ga=1.180583330.489173029.1402242994
  • carolrbarry
    Boots sale 75%
    Am hoping its the 14th as Im off work that day! If not will have to go to town first then work
  • catmc
    definetly the 14th
    hi it is the 14th i asked in my local boots store as i got loads last year and just finished using all my stuff up
    • DianneB
    • By DianneB 12th Jan 10, 10:52 AM
    • 770 Posts
    • 1,533 Thanks
    DianneB

Thanks1
    Originally posted by purplestar133
    Me too!! please tell us why that thread was closed down?!? :confused:
  • hankse1
    i can confirm that it is def not tommorrow just heard from my area manager that its all stores and is not until the 20th sorry guys, i was watching a couple of bits at work i wanted to get tomorrow too xxx

This is what is being said on the other thread
  • amandagray
    I have just phoned my local store and its tomorrow the 13th......can't wait all excited now ha.
    • slouise05
    • By slouise05 12th Jan 10, 12:50 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    slouise05
    boots 75% not tomorrow
    Hi all like the rest off you can not wait for this boots 75% sale to start just rang two branches have been told off both def not tomorrow will be next week
  • missymugwump
    The lady in my local one said it was tomorrow too ?
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
  • jla1051
    I spoke to a friend today who is the manager of a Boots store, she said it was supposed to be tomorrow (13th) but they have postponed it. She hasn't had the new date yet though. :confused:
    • fruitcake
    • By fruitcake 12th Jan 10, 3:47 PM
    • 704 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    fruitcake
    Just read it may be the 20th now....but then that may be another rouse...by the bosses at big shoes...:confused:
    • purplestar133
    • By purplestar133 12th Jan 10, 5:10 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 1,286 Thanks
    purplestar133
    Me too!! please tell us why that thread was closed down?!? :confused:
    Originally posted by DianneB
    Someone replied to me with a reason here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2190317
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,977Posts Today

7,094Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @amolrajan: Impossible to over-state how proud I am of the most dedicated, clever, industrious and brave staff in the history of Fleet S?

• Exactly. Statutory rights mean if goods are faulty u can get full refund & for definition of faulty google SAD FART https://t.co/qy9MOABt7P

• RT @Eley01: I can't wait for @itvMLshow later, @MartinSLewis saving people more money, love it

• Follow Martin