Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Microbeman
    Free solar power system. Is it a scam?
    • 11th Nov 09, 9:04 PM
    Free solar power system. Is it a scam? 11th Nov 09 at 9:04 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

If you landed on this page, perhaps via Google, looking for information about solar panels, please also read the full Free solar panels? guide on the main site

Back to the original post........

Hi fellow MSE users.
    I have been offered a free solar power system by this company called "a shade greener". They have a website (just google ashadegreener) sorry not allowed to post links as a new member.
    Basically they are offering to install a photovoltaic solar system for free so that they can get some government money available next year aimed at getting more of these systems in use. All maintenance is by them but I get the benefit of having cheaper electricity. My house fits their criteria (south facing) and they are going to get in touch to give me more details but it just seems too good to be true. Is it a scam? Is a a marketing ploy to get a foot in my door or is it genuine? Some close friends have had their house turned down on the basis that it didn't face South so they are not just offering it to everybody. Has anybody had any experience of this company or has more knowledge of the government scheme. I'd be very interested to know before they visit me.
    Thanks
    Microbeman

:confused:
    Last edited by Former MSE Dan; 22-02-2013 at 3:30 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

250Posts Today

998Users online

Martin's Twitter