Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • silkkat50
    • 28th Oct 09, 7:32 AM
    • 28th Oct 09, 7:32 AM
    This seems pretty good! I have just started doing my holiday check list, but seen as i do everything on pc anyway and i like to save the environment this is fab! No more wasted paper
    If you dont ask, you dont get
  • luckymoneysaver
    • 28th Oct 09, 11:40 AM
    • 28th Oct 09, 11:40 AM
    This seems pretty good! I have just started doing my holiday check list, but seen as i do everything on pc anyway and i like to save the environment this is fab! No more wasted paper
    Originally posted by silkkat50
    I know, its great for the environment and it saves having notes all over the desk and up the walls.

They are all different colours too which is cool
  • stuh20
    • 29th Oct 09, 9:20 AM
    • 29th Oct 09, 9:20 AM
    Nice one I hate having bits of paper lying around!
  • luellaaa
    • 29th Oct 09, 1:20 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 1:20 PM
    Thanks!!! this is great. instead of post it notes ive been using the background of my phone with little reminders and it gets very confusing lol
  • m261182
    • 29th Oct 09, 3:47 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 3:47 PM
    nice idea but vista and windows 7 has this feature
    • chris n tj
    • By chris n tj 29th Oct 09, 3:52 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 4,617 Thanks
    chris n tj
    • 29th Oct 09, 3:52 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 3:52 PM
    nice idea but vista and windows 7 has this feature
    Originally posted by m261182
    Being a computer thicky can you tell me where to find on vista many thanks from a total novice
    Chris
  • That-Guy
    • 29th Oct 09, 4:16 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 4:16 PM
    Being a computer thicky can you tell me where to find on vista many thanks from a total novice
    Chris
    Originally posted by chris n tj
    Its in the Start Menu in the Accessories folder and called Sticky Notes
    Using CCCS Debt Management Plan
    Current Unsecured Debt -
    £14,875 £14,729
    • chris n tj
    • By chris n tj 29th Oct 09, 4:31 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 4,617 Thanks
    chris n tj
    • 29th Oct 09, 4:31 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 4:31 PM
    Originally posted by That-Guy
    many thanks you are a star xxxxx
    • gemmacarolyn
    • By gemmacarolyn 30th Oct 09, 9:44 AM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 9,543 Thanks
    gemmacarolyn
    Well I have learned something new.....thank you very much!
    2016 wins: Robinsons glass, LFW tickets, Walkers TShirtx2, nuts, personalised dog tag, Dog Soldiers book

2015 wins: Pantene shampoo & conditioner, PG Tips monkey & tea, 4 day stay at holiday resort, bouquet from Bunches, seeds, Product of the Year package, £50 Bravissimo voucher Thanks to all who kindly share competitions!
  • silkkat50
    I didnt know that either and i have vista.. Just looked at it and hate the fact that you have to write it with your mouse as it looks a mess and is difficult. Unless there is a way to change it to typing. But love the fact that you can voice record your notes!!
    If you dont ask, you dont get
  • m261182
    I didnt know that either and i have vista.. Just looked at it and hate the fact that you have to write it with your mouse as it looks a mess and is difficult. Unless there is a way to change it to typing. But love the fact that you can voice record your notes!!
    Originally posted by silkkat50
    theres a post it note gadget for the sidebar, i find the ones in windows 7 much better
    • rmg1
    • By rmg1 30th Oct 09, 7:05 PM
    • 2,755 Posts
    • 705 Thanks
    rmg1
    There's also a piece of software called Stickies (and it's freeware). You install as a program and can leave yourself notes with alarms and such-like. If two people have it installed and are on the same network, you can share them as well. Very useful ..... at least I think so.
    Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse?

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
    • jools61
    • By jools61 31st Oct 09, 4:47 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    jools61
    Thanks for Hottnotes - I'm really impressed with it! It's great for someone like me who has a terrible memory; I keep losing my handwritten notes.

Now I've got checklists of all the tracks I want to download, and have compiled shopping lists of things to buy. I'm sure I will find many uses for it.
    • Mercy
    • By Mercy 31st Oct 09, 7:09 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 8,393 Thanks
    Mercy
    Hmmm

I currently use a spiral bound note book and a pen. I need to write things soon as they occur and I'm not always on my pc when I remember something

Could always transfer my hand written notes to pc? But especially when making notes on packing cases for trips, going to shops etc I need to take the list with me. Would likely be good for internet based reminders though.

MX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react
    • superhoop
    • By superhoop 4th Nov 09, 8:50 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    superhoop
    There's also a piece of software called Stickies (and it's freeware). You install as a program and can leave yourself notes with alarms and such-like. If two people have it installed and are on the same network, you can share them as well. Very useful ..... at least I think so.
    Originally posted by rmg1
    I vote for Stickies in XP as well. Lovely piece of freeware. Very small, unobtrusive and does just what it says on the tin!

http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html
    We are QPR, say we are QPR!
  • missingink
    Running on Vista Basic & can't find the bloomin thing!:rolleyes:
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 4th Nov 09, 1:52 PM
    • 6,406 Posts
    • 4,682 Thanks
    Jo4
    Thanks op! I have just downloaded to this laptop must download it to the other laptop later. It should be useful.
    Aiming for 18 NSDs in May 2016 - 13/18
    January 2016 - 22; February - 15; March - 22; April - 18
  • margiepops
    For those who can not find sticky notes on Vista. These instructions were found using Google.
    1. Open the Start Menu.
    2. Click on All Programs, Accessories, Tablet PC, and Sticky Notes.
    NOTE: If you do not have the Tablet PC folder, then you will need to check Tablet PC Optional Components in Windows Features.
    • MrGumby
    • By MrGumby 27th Nov 09, 10:20 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 109 Thanks
    MrGumby
    Just type 'sticky'
    If you're on Windows 7 (I have an idea this works with Vista too but can't check), just click the Start button, type 'sticky' into the search box and hit Enter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,453Posts Today

6,285Users online

Martin's Twitter