Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bagsy
    claiming money back from CSA ?...advice please..
    • 20th Oct 09, 4:56 PM
    claiming money back from CSA ?...advice please.. 20th Oct 09 at 4:56 PM
    Hi, after a bit of advice please,
    16 years ago the girl I was living with fell pregnant, so I did the decent thing and married her. 18 months later we were divorceed, and I lost the houses and everything in it.

Plus I had the CSA after me for maintence for the child. The thought didnt cross my mind that the child might not be mine, so I agreed to the payments which was 25 month direct to the CSA for back payments and 350 month direct to the mother (this was not my choice but directed to do so by CSA.
    Over the years as the child grew up I began to have my doubts about where he was mine or not.
    As my new wife was due to have a baby last year, I talked to her about my doubts and we decided to do a DNA test. This was done and the results came back as NEGATIVE. (not my son).
    This was rather upsetting, but when I confronted my Ex wife she admitted that she was sleeping with someone else at the time. So I stopped all payments!
    Ive contacted the CSA and sent the DNA result in, but they have told me that I need to get the tests done by a company reconised by them. This could prove difficult as I'm no longer talking with my ex wife.?. what can I do?..
    I have seen many articles and reports on claiming money back? The CSA was a bit woollie over this? They have said that I will probably get back the 25 pounds a month as this was paid directly to the, but didnt think I would get the 350 a month back?.I questioned this as it was them that told me to pay her directly..?..Where do I stand on this?.
    Also will I get the money back dated to the date I made my first payment?.or will it be from when I notified them?
    Can i make a claim againist her?..
    many thanks if you can help!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,597Posts Today

7,551Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning

• Warning! Twitter's app update's outrageously reset autoplay video settings, so you eat data at speed. Full help http://t.co/42tOE1EagR RT

• RT @Harry_Bhoy: @MartinSLewis Saved my gran £323 by changing her electricity provider,and haggled her free broadband from Virgin worth £264?

• Follow Martin