PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

microwave flapjacks

Options
can someone point me in the direction of this recipe?
Plus one for shortbread? (runs off to search for that one now)x

Comments

• Bunny200
    Bunny200 Posts: 627 Forumite
    Options
    Heres my saved version of the recipe, dunno where the original was..... I dont' think I've changed anything other than find it easier to do it in a bowl rather than a jug!

Home Made Microwave Flapjacks

Ingredients
    · 4oz (100g) butter
    · 1oz (25g) caster sugar
    ·
    · 4 tablespoons golden syrup
    · 7oz (200g) oats
    · 5oz (150g) anything, such as raisins, sultanas, cherries, fruit

Method
    · Melt the butter and sugar together in a bowl in the microwave (just keep microwaving and stirring it for 15 seconds or so at a time for a couple of minutes).
    · Stir in the golden syrup
    · Stir in the oats.
    · Microwave the whole mix on high for about 3 minutes.
    · If you have any other ingredients you want to add to the flapjacks, then stir these into the mixture now.
    · Lightly grease a baking dish.
    · Spoon the flapjack mixture into the baking dish making it as thick as you want (or depending how big your dish is). Flatten the mixture down so it's neat.
    · Leave the flapjack to one side to set, once it's cooled you can put it in the refrigerator. Once set, cut into squares.

It's difficult to tell you how many flapjacks this will make as it partly depends how thick you want them, but it's so easy to make that if there aren't enough, you can quickly whip up another batch! This mix should make enough for an 8" round or square tin though.

hth!
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    have you tried these ?? are they nice ??
  • Bunny200
    Bunny200 Posts: 627 Forumite
    Options
    They are scrum, I usually add LOADS of fruit & seeds (cranberries, sultanas, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds) and they are great. Really quick to make and if you leave them in fridge til they are cold and then turn out onto chopping board you can cut them neatly with a sharp knife, they keep well in a tin in the cupboard. Highly recommend them, thanks to the original poster of the recipe!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Bunny<i will try them
  • samanthaneww2d
    Options
    After lurking on this board for a wee while and reading all these brill tips and ways I have overhauled my shopping habits and am now using up all those things in the back of the cupboard I have just made these today and they are brill

does anyone know if it would alter the flavour too much if light brown sugar were used (have about 6 bags of it in the cupboard along with 6 tubs of cocoa they were 25p each at some place that was clearing out )

thanks
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bunny200 wrote: »
    Heres my saved version of the recipe, dunno where the original was..... I dont' think I've changed anything other than find it easier to do it in a bowl rather than a jug!
    Home Made Microwave Flapjacks
    Just tidying up and de-duping my recipe collection and I can answer this.
    This home made microwave flapjacks recipe was originally posted here:
    http://earner.hubpages.com/hub/Quick--Easy-Microwave-Flapjacks-Recipe-on-a-Budget

It's important to state sources else Martin's site could potentially be hit with a DMCA (removal) notice for copied content.

Hope that helps.

It is the best homemade microwave flapjacks recipe I've tried so far... must make it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure