PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning baby poo off wool carpet?

Options
My five-week-old daughter delivered the poo of all poos this morning all over my mum, herself and our pale wool carpet.

We sponged the worst off with water but stains remain - how can we get them out?

She is breastfed so it was korma-coloured and pretty runny!
:cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
:heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j

Comments

• Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hydrogen peroxide according to this - someone else had the same problem :)http://armywifetoddlermom.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-to-clean-poop-off-of-carpet-in-3_16.html
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe now is the time to look at getting your carpet stain guarded as it only gets worse going forward! Formula poo is much more smelly and sticky so it could have been worse!
  • angchris
    angchris Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    i`ve had the same problem today :mad:, my lad Jack (5 months) is in terry nappies..i had just changed an explosive nappy and left it on the changing mat and had taken jack upstairs to have a nap in his cot.....meanwhile whilst gazing adoringly at my new son upstairs the grossest thing ever was occuring downstairs :mad::mad: my mums westie dog that i have been looking after for 2 weeks whilst they are on hols decided it would be a great game to throw said nappy around the living room :eek::eek: after smearing it everywhere and having half of the poop stuck to his whiskers i walked in on him having a whale of a time. omg the mess i just cant describe :eek: needless to say i have been scrubbing the carpet/furniture and bathing a very !!!!*y smelly dog, oh what a great day i`ve had :rolleyes:
    thank god it happened when other half was at work or he would of gone mad as the carpet was only laid in june.
    ho hum learnt my lesson there haven`t i!!!:o expect the unexpected with a westie _pale_
    proper prior planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :p
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money
    quote from an american indian.
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that, it really made me laugh!
  • Slinky_Malinky
    Options
    I have always found the Vanish/Astonish soap bar to be very good on carpet stains.

Is the westie in the `doghouse`? *Groan*
  • angchris
    angchris Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    the westie is only a year old and called toby he is the most gorgeous looking pooch but what a playful mischevious little toerag he is and has been a total pain in the rear the whole time he has been here what with one thing and another but todays antics takes the biscuit :rotfl:roll on saturday when i can give him back lol...its like having another naughty kid that i need eyes in the back of my head to keep an eye on him...and yes he most definatly is in the doghouse!!
    proper prior planning prevents p!$$ poor performance! :p
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money
    quote from an american indian.
  • Angelhales2601
    Options
    LMAO at the westie story!

Theres a brand 101 Solutions think it is, I've always used that for my potty training sons lil presents he prefers to leave on the carpet than the potty!
  • nanokitten
    nanokitten Posts: 704 Forumite
    Options
    hope you wont be offended If I suggest you have a look on the pets and petcare board, pet owners spend a good deal of there life getting unmentionables out of the carpet and there are several good threads.
    personally I'd suggest a solution of warm biological washing powder.
    If the brown colour does really stain I'd consider a stain devil probably the cooking oil and fat (gets out blood and other 'biologicals') or the wine and tea one. (the brown colour is mainly bilirubin, which is degraded blood tho baby poo doesn't have that much at first).
  • horseykitty
    Options
    All the dogs I know love the chance to get their teeth into a smelly nappy -
    Pale/cream carpets and furnishings don't really mix well with babies and kids I find. I'm still trying to find a colour combination that does.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Those old-fashioned, multi-coloured, swirly patterned carpets our grannies had would fit the bill. If you can tolerate the vertigo. Or, of course, poop-coloured carpeting. Hehe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure