Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    coffee_prince
    JSA is taxable?
    • 21st Aug 09, 12:30 PM
    JSA is taxable? 21st Aug 09 at 12:30 PM
    Signed off JSA, got a part time job and gave my most recent p45 from my last job to my employer (that job ended in Dec 2008).

Now I recieve 3 letters from DWP, one of them saying all the jsa I recieved counts towards taxable income, and that I need to give my employer a p45 to fill in (which I recieved separately.

Quote in letter
    We cannot check yoour tax position because of a ack of tax information. We have notified the Inland Revenue. They will pay any refund due, or if you owe tax they will tell you how it is to be collected
    I've not earned anything yet this financial year, apart from what i got from JSA!

How does it work? I get paid in less then two weeks, will this mean I will get emergency taxed as these things take a long time.

The code on my old p45 from 2008 was 603L, the current p45 I got today says 647L

i'm only going to get about 400 for a months work and been living on a pittance this last month without JSA. I'm going to be livid if they emergency tax me.

I'm going to hand in the p45 to my manager today and see what he says, but it sems all very messy to sort this kinda thing out??

HELP!
    Last edited by coffee_prince; 21-08-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,067Posts Today

6,211Users online

Martin's Twitter