Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Aidy
    Wii Sports Resort - £33.80 in Tesco
    • 28th Jul 09, 9:44 AM
    Wii Sports Resort - £33.80 in Tesco 28th Jul 09 at 9:44 AM
    Due to their VAT Free deal on chart CDs, DVDs and Games Wii Sports Resort is £33.80 this week instore in Tesco's.

Even better if you have a voucher from the Mail on Sunday this week you can get another £5 off making it £28.80 - trick now is to find any in stock!!

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Just to add to Aidy's great spot, Tesco's VAT free promotion is on in stores only (not online) on CDs, DVDs and games currently in the charts, until Sunday 9 August.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 29-07-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Page 1
    • jessicamb
    • By jessicamb 28th Jul 09, 2:28 PM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    jessicamb
    • 28th Jul 09, 2:28 PM
    • 28th Jul 09, 2:28 PM
    Thanks got one in my local Tesco today.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
    • jessicamb
    • By jessicamb 28th Jul 09, 3:52 PM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    jessicamb
    • 28th Jul 09, 3:52 PM
    • 28th Jul 09, 3:52 PM
    Been playing it this afternoon - worth getting for the sword fighting alone.
  • Edinburghlass
    • 28th Jul 09, 5:08 PM
    • 28th Jul 09, 5:08 PM
    My daughter loved the sword fighting too, it brought out quite an aggressive side to her
    Martin has asked me to tell you that I'm the Board Guide of the Telephones, Reclaim Bank Charges, Silver Savers and Scotland boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides don't deal with this. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • parahandy
    • By parahandy 28th Jul 09, 10:51 PM
    • 725 Posts
    • 1,268 Thanks
    parahandy
    • 28th Jul 09, 10:51 PM
    • 28th Jul 09, 10:51 PM
    And if you use the £5 off £30 non-food voucher that was in the Mail on Sunday, that's another fiver off!!

On a side note, our Tesco has an offer - save £9 when you buy the game and an extra controller, but according to a SA, they've only ever had one controller in stock!!
    Everybody dies, but not everyone truly lives
    • jessicamb
    • By jessicamb 28th Jul 09, 10:59 PM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    jessicamb
    • 28th Jul 09, 10:59 PM
    • 28th Jul 09, 10:59 PM
    The controllers were £14.99 from Play earlier on this afternoon and are £17.99 at Amazon. According to Amazon RRP is £24.99 so a decent saving.

You need an extra controller really for sword fighting

Of the games I have played so far apart from the obvious the canoeing is quite good too and a very good workout for the arms . Frizbee is about as lame as you would expect. Archery was ok but could get boring quickly unless you have had a few drinks and some mates round. Table tennis was entertaining and once you get past the basic levels could be quite challenging.
  • Aidy
    • 29th Jul 09, 9:17 AM
    • 29th Jul 09, 9:17 AM
    The controllers were £14.99 from Play earlier on this afternoon
    Originally posted by jessicamb
    Still available here:

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/6072250/Wii-MotionPlus/Product.html
  • Jocelica
    • 29th Jul 09, 9:46 AM
    Wii Sport Resort
    • 29th Jul 09, 9:46 AM
    Amazon offer the game and the accessory for £39.46.
  • Aidy
    • 29th Jul 09, 10:03 AM
    • 29th Jul 09, 10:03 AM
    Amazon offer the game and the accessory for £39.46.
    Originally posted by Jocelica
    Hi

The game automatically comes with one MotionPlus sensor; this is the same in all shops (inc. Tesco). If you have 2 Wii-motes already then you will need to buy the second sensor to enable 2 player games. This is why the Play £14.99 deal has been mentioned (also now £14.99 at Amazon but out of stock until Saturday)
    • ellybelly89
    • By ellybelly89 29th Jul 09, 12:38 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 610 Thanks
    ellybelly89
    My local Tesco does not offer this promotion!! It said wii sports resort does not qualify because it is a new release and not yet in the chart. BUT it is clearly no.1 in their chart!!!
  • Aidy
    My local Tesco does not offer this promotion!! It said wii sports resort does not qualify because it is a new release and not yet in the chart. BUT it is clearly no.1 in their chart!!!
    Originally posted by ellybelly89
    Bizarre - it was in the national press ad on Monday - specifically quoting Wii Sports Resort - if you can find the ad perhaps you could DTD?
    • ellybelly89
    • By ellybelly89 29th Jul 09, 1:19 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 610 Thanks
    ellybelly89
    They seemed pretty useless. They were adamant it was not in the chart therefore not in the offer. My other Tesco has the offer but no stock and says it can't forsee it getting stock :-s
  • buyme
    cheers OP.
  • Aidy
    They seemed pretty useless. They were adamant it was not in the chart therefore not in the offer. My other Tesco has the offer but no stock and says it can't forsee it getting stock :-s
    Originally posted by ellybelly89
    I'd really be tempted to buy at whatever price it is, and then contact CS afterwards to claim the difference, or double the difference!!
    • staggy
    • By staggy 29th Jul 09, 1:53 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    staggy
    Loads in stock at Altrincham today.

Didn't ask if it was excluded from the VAT free offer (coz I already have one)

Hope this helps someone
    • Xyon81
    • By Xyon81 29th Jul 09, 2:11 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    Xyon81
    nice find, i'll check my local later if i can
    • hmc
    • By hmc 29th Jul 09, 3:54 PM
    • 2,413 Posts
    • 1,198 Thanks
    hmc
    so what controllers do you need for this game to work please? we have 2 controllers and a nunchuck
  • Aidy
    so what controllers do you need for this game to work please? we have 2 controllers and a nunchuck
    Originally posted by hmc
    Hi

Some games are 'take it in turns' whilst others are multiplayer. For multiplayer you'll need a wiimote and motionplus attachment for each player.

Not sure about nunchucks on multiplayer games though. Archery requires it but I think that is a 'take it in turn' game.

Hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps!!
  • Aidy
    From the Argos pre-order thread, with thanks to Dilfred!!

I would not worry too much about ordering a 2nd one (motionplus accessory) straight away. Alot of the games are "take turns" therefore only need 1 dongle thingy.
    However for completeness if you want to play the following mulitplayer you need more than 1 motion plus thing.

swordplay (duel and speed slice)
    basketball (3 on 3)
    table tennis (match)
    power cruising (vs)
    canoeing (speed challenge and vs)
    cycling (road race and vs)

Rest are turn taking of the 1 remote.
    Originally posted by Dilfred
    • hmc
    • By hmc 29th Jul 09, 4:50 PM
    • 2,413 Posts
    • 1,198 Thanks
    hmc
    thankyou
    will give it a miss for a while then i think
    cant afford a motion plus thingy as well? why do you need one? and what does it do? quite new to all this lol
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,112Posts Today

5,258Users online

Martin's Twitter