Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Newtonlot
    • By Newtonlot 19th Mar 06, 6:37 PM
    • 187Posts
    • 120Thanks
    Newtonlot
    Car Boot Sale in North East?
    • 19th Mar 06, 6:37 PM
    Car Boot Sale in North East? 19th Mar 06 at 6:37 PM
    With all this talk of car boots sales I am really keen to go to one. Does anyone know of any in the North East ? Preferably near Sunderland or Middlesbrough.
    Would love to be able to buy some bargains and may even have a try at getting rid of some of my unused stuff.
    Cheers
    Newtonlot on an MSE mission
Page 1
    • gerryfitz
    • By gerryfitz 19th Mar 06, 7:27 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    gerryfitz
    • 19th Mar 06, 7:27 PM
    • 19th Mar 06, 7:27 PM
    Sedgefield Racecourse hold one of the biggest in the area, every Sunday morning and some weekdays, Thursday I think.
  • Deni_zen
    • 19th Mar 06, 8:57 PM
    Hexham
    • 19th Mar 06, 8:57 PM
    Hi

There is a really good car booty at Hexham Auction Mart every Sunday from 1pm - if you want to sell stuff you need to get there early though as people start to queue from about 10am.

I did one there a couple of weeks ago in the freezing cold and made about 70 profit on a load of old tat! It costs 10 for a pitch.

Deni
    Deni_zen

We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
    Aneurin Bevan
  • Eagle_1
    • 19th Mar 06, 9:09 PM
    • 19th Mar 06, 9:09 PM
    Redcar used to do one on a Sunday not sure if its still on.
    Also Hartlepool (in the shopping centre) they have a weekly car boot type market, its on a Wednesday and have many stalls in the area which houses the outside market.
    Sedgefield is Sunday (or used to be) and Thursdays.

A good General market is Catterick on a sunday, they have loads of stalls and gets quite busy.

i will keep my eyes open for others, you often see the bootsales advertised in the free papers.
    • gilly41
    • By gilly41 19th Mar 06, 9:12 PM
    • 903 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    gilly41
    • 19th Mar 06, 9:12 PM
    • 19th Mar 06, 9:12 PM
    Hi
    Scorton do one on a Wednesday evening and Sunday morning.
    Also there is one at Thornaby on a Friday evening and Sunday afternoon at Norton
    Hope this helps
    xx
  • Eagle_1
    • 19th Mar 06, 9:23 PM
    • 19th Mar 06, 9:23 PM
    Scorton, aye I knew there was another one id been to but couldnt remember what it was called
    • geordielass
    • By geordielass 19th Mar 06, 10:13 PM
    • 753 Posts
    • 823 Thanks
    geordielass
    • 19th Mar 06, 10:13 PM
    • 19th Mar 06, 10:13 PM
    There's one on at Seaham on a Sunday,starts at 1pm.For those who don't like to be out a 7am on a Sunday it's great.
    He who smiles rather than rages is always
    the stronger
    • Newtonlot
    • By Newtonlot 19th Mar 06, 11:05 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    Newtonlot
    • 19th Mar 06, 11:05 PM
    Thank You
    • 19th Mar 06, 11:05 PM
    Excellent. So many to try. Think I will ask Mr Newtonlot to take me to one for mothers day. Will have to save up my pennies.
    Newtonlot on an MSE mission
  • davey210
    • 6th Jun 06, 1:07 AM
    • 6th Jun 06, 1:07 AM
    Excellent. So many to try. Think I will ask Mr Newtonlot to take me to one for mothers day. Will have to save up my pennies.
    by Newtonlot
    Also dont forget tocketts mill guisbrough,starts 4.00 pm sundays
    • lil_me
    • By lil_me 11th Jun 06, 1:08 AM
    • 13,031 Posts
    • 114,296 Thanks
    lil_me
    I used to love the Norton one, used to goto Sedgefield on the morning (which I think is poor now) and then through to Norton for the afternoon.

Don't know how up to date this is [url]http://www.carbootjunction.com/

I clicked search then Durham, brought up ones like Seaham, ChesterleStreet etc
    Last edited by lil_me; 11-06-2006 at 1:12 AM.
    • nu1isit?
    • By nu1isit? 25th Jun 06, 2:39 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 4,364 Thanks
    nu1isit?
    Hello lil_me.

There's also a car boot sale on Saturdays at Seaham (the opposite side of the road to the Sunday one). It's only been going a fortnight - but you can get some good bargains there.

• Quaker
    And dont forget the upsall one between middlesbrough
    and guisbrough. Starts at 10:00am on sundays
  • mintsmob
    Question for old norton carbooters, i have been to redcar today, did very well, got sunburnt!!! While i was there someone told me that Norton Carbooty was starting again next week. Is this true????? If so what time sellers and is it in the same place????
  • vixen05
    norton car boot
    Yes its true, Norton car boot reopens on Sunday 26/ 04/09.
  • vixen05
    Norton
    Yes, it's true Norton car boot is back from Sunday 26/04/09. Same place, same times
  • Jen_31
    Website is up

http://nortoncarbootsale.com/

Starts the same week that redcar boot sale is not on

Obviously planned so that everybody goes to Norton, as Redcar is usually packed with people. So dodgy goings on me thinks. 70p to enter and all. Wish i owned a car boot sale

Redcar was on, sorry for getting daggers out *blush*
    Last edited by Jen_31; 30-04-2009 at 9:19 PM.
  • Eagle_1
    Just seen an advert in todays Northern Echo :
    Brand new car boot fair opening Thurs 7th May and every Thursday at Rainton Meadows Arena, Houghton le Spring.
    Sellers 10am public 11am.

Its Nobles Promotions who organise it and they can be contacted on 0191 5868131 for details.

Dont know how big this will be but thought id post for people who are local to it.
    • jaffa30
    • By jaffa30 10th May 09, 5:10 PM
    • 18,864 Posts
    • 11,592 Thanks
    jaffa30
    Welfield Road Whitley Bay sunday mornings buyers from 8

Sedgefield is on as said on a Sunday and thursday, ive never ben to the sunday one however the thursday one is good and will be worth a look at , Batleys ( which is on the A693 chester le street to stanley ) sunday mornings not to sure on the time
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • dico1961
    Norton Car Boot Sale has moved
    Norton Car Boot has moved. Opens on Sunday 20th June 2010 Follow the links on their website. It's been sadly missed this year.
  • tel123
    Cracking booty
    With all this talk of car boots sales I am really keen to go to one. Does anyone know of any in the North East ? Preferably near Sunderland or Middlesbrough.
    Would love to be able to buy some bargains and may even have a try at getting rid of some of my unused stuff.
    Cheers
    Originally posted by Newtonlot
    hi try seaham,its amazing lots of stalls lots of space,best ive been to
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,935Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Good morning & goodbye. Now my series is over, I'm going to take a week off work & twitter to spend time with Mrs & mini MSE. Ta ta for now

• RT @JulieGriff4: £2800 paid into my bank thanks to @MartinSLewis advice about packaged accounts. Unexpected and welcome. Great advice ????

• RT @justwanna: Listened to an hour's worth of @MartinSLewis podcasts. Now have a pathological need to save some money!

• Follow Martin