Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Who & Where are You? > Local MoneySaving > England > Best car boots in and around Watford (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Best car boots in and around Watford
Closed Thread
Views: 9,653
# 1
Lady E
Old 06-03-2006, 5:33 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Question Best car boots in and around Watford

Spring is with us and we have loads and loads of stuff that needs to be off loaded . Anyone know of a good carboot vicinity of Watford that we can display and flog our wares??
# 2
Lady E
Old 09-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

There most be someone in Herts who can help??? Please
# 3
mgardner
Old 09-03-2006, 11:47 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady E
Spring is with us and we have loads and loads of stuff that needs to be off loaded . Anyone know of a good carboot vicinity of Watford that we can display and flog our wares??
Hi Goggle Carbootjunction.com. It lists carboots by area. Good Luck,
The Following User Says Thank You to mgardner For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
iian
Old 10-03-2006, 8:15 AM
MoneySaving Convert

There is supposed to be a good one in Denham, I havent been myself but have been told its pretty big and busy so could be worth a 10-15 minute drive. I know they started doing them at Bovingdon, but dont know if they are still doing them and havent been either.
The Following User Says Thank You to iian For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
kittiwoz
Old 13-03-2006, 2:39 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

There's oneon sunday in the station car park in Ricky.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittiwoz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
fifo
Old 28-04-2006, 9:17 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi lady E, don't know if you are still looking in, but I actually tried selling at the Denham sale and was very, very dissapointed

clearing out a job lot of pristine/as new/unused pc/gaming stuff and consumables, childrens novelties, books, CDs and videos

the week before and after i took around 140 and 120 at two different car boot sales (less entry fee). at denham with the exact same goods I took just over 40 (then less entry fee), it was very dissapointing

forwhatever reason what I sold successfully elsewhere at the same labelled prices was not popular in denham. clientel in denham was far more culturally diverse, especially eastern european shoppers. other two car boot sales were more middle england

in denham shoppers appeared to be looking for different things and a lot more value for money. in the other two sales, there was an element of haggling, but in denham it was all haggle and silly offers.

i would never even chance there again

might be worth taking a look first at what seems to be popular there. pitches around me with tools and s/h clothes seemed to attract far more interest than childrens toys and bric a brac ornaments, although i don't know how they were doing pricewise
# 7
Curlyone
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Car Boot Sales Watford Herts

There's a new giant car boot sale every Sunday in Bushey, Watford on Little Bushey Lane, behind Costco. Found out about it in the Watford Observer. It was really busy last week and we sold loads of our unwanted and second hand things from home. Also had some new never been worn clothes and unwanted gifts and took over 200! Hundreds of buyers - and no haggling - what a bonus!! Will definitely do it again!

Last edited by Curlyone; 06-08-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread