Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Mortgages & Endowments > How long after valuation will my mortgage offer ... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
How long after valuation will my mortgage offer take?
Closed Thread
Views: 15,748
# 1
sophie21
Old 07-04-2009, 5:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default How long after valuation will my mortgage offer take?

Hi all
We have an offer accepted and full application went in 2 weeks ago, now been passed to underwriters for final checks. I heard that they instructed the valuation yesterday. I received an email from the broker today asking of my entry date was set in stone , being 29/4/09 as she was conserned it wont all be through by then??!!!! I'm going to call the solicitor tomorrow and see if he can speed things up with a call or two. Does anyone have any info, advice regarding how long for formal offer after valuation has been done? They were also requesting an income verification from my employer as I couldnt find all the payslips. Does anyone know if they request a valuation before or after final checks??

thanks everyone , rather worrying time
# 2
benjo
Old 07-04-2009, 7:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I can only tell you my application journey. Applied 12th March, AIP 13th March, valuation 17th March, formal offer arrived in the post 20th March, exchange of contracts 9th April, completion 21st April.
# 3
stolt
Old 07-04-2009, 8:30 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

just in comparison my journey is as follows, offer acepted on house 22feb, mortgage application a week later. (vendor took until mid march to supply there solicitors details, valuation completed 30th march, had contracts from my solicitor 4th April. Mortgage company said that mortgage offer was also posted 6th April. Hoping to exchange before the 16th April so i an give notice on bunglow otherwise we will wait another month.
Listen to what people say, but watch what people what people do!!
Closed Thread