E: 24/03 Win Tickets to Snowbombing Festival & XBox 360 (Effort Req)

Options
WIN! Tickets to Austria's Snowbombing Festival & an XBox 360!

Q Quiz Entry Form

(more answers to come - I'm not entering, snowbombing not my thing, so feel free to add answers below! Thanx to snowmaker & happypig below)

T&C

1. Whose 1980 autobiography was entitled I Me Mine? GEORGE HARRISON
2. Which band took their name from a scene in the video to New Order's Crystal? THE KILLERS
3. Yazoo is to Yaz what Suede is to... What? THE LONDON SUEDE
4. What song title links Styx and Take That with children's author !!!!!! King-Smith? BABE
5. In the British TV coverage of Live Aid, who was the first artist to be broadcast live from the Philadelphia leg? BRYAN ADAMS
6. What was the name of the benefit concert that took place on 22 September 1985 in Champaign, Illinois? FARM AID
7. Which UK pop star was a passenger on the bombed tube train at Edgware Rd on 7 July 2005?
8. ...And which pop star was on board a British Airways flight from Gatwick to Nairobi in December 2000 that plummeted two miles after a man burst into the cockpit? BRYAN FERRY
9. Which rock star was appointed an honorary Drug Enforcement Agency office by US President Richard Nixon in December 1970? ELVIS PRESLEY
10. Who inspired Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline? CAROLINE KENNEDY
11. ...And who inspired The Go-Betweens' Caroline & I? PRINCESS CAROLINE OF MONACO
12. "Shortie ponces" is an anagram of which three-piece? STEREOPHONICS (although not officially a 3-piece any more??!!)
13. Who died in a crash involving a car with a registration plate FOX 661L? MARC BOLAN
14.Who were the first band to appear on Channel 4's The Tube, in November 1982?
15. Which British band once toured in a van emblazoned with the legend: Sid Cummings - Tripe Dealer? SAXON
16. Who accused Brett Anderson of indulging in "pseudo-bumboy androgyny"? LUKE HAINES
17. How did the pupils of Oxford's Matrix Music School And Arts Centre get themselves into the UK album charts in 2007? they were recorded cheering for the opening track '15 Step' of the Radiohead album 'In Rainbows'
18. In 1992, Madonna published her Sex book. Which British band responded with a single - including a booklet parodying many of Madge's "sexy" pictures - entitled Sexless? WAT TYLER
19. Which major record company boss tried - and failed - to sign the notoriously independent Fugazi to his label after a show in New York in 1993? AHMET ERTEGUN
20. The parents of which '90s indie star are called Michael and Janet Jackson?

Upon which album covers will you find these beasts?
animals.jpg

21. BLUR - PARKLIFE
22. Grinderman by Grinderman
23. PROGIDY - FAT OF THE LAND

25. THE STRANGLERS - THE RAVEN

Tie-break caption

26. Insert your own chucklesome caption to this photograph of Metallica's Robert Trujillo and James Hetfield sharing, erm, a special moment.

captioncomp_march.jpg
"You've got to be in it to win it!" - Many Thanks to OPs, you are all :A

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills