Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Nov 08, 4:16 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 203Thanks
    katies mum
    0 WOW
    M & S points
    • 16th Nov 08, 4:16 PM
    0 WOW
    M & S points 16th Nov 08 at 4:16 PM
    I`ve got a `earn 5 times M & S points` when you soebd on home does anyone know if it will apply to technology? also not sure what it means - if the item is say £200 you would normally get 200 points on M & S card so does this mean if I can use it I would get 200 x 5 += 1000 points. sorry bit simple today. How can I find out if its for technology?

code is E8968340 for online if it helps or anyone else can use it
Page 1
    • IHateDida
    • By IHateDida 16th Nov 08, 4:52 PM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    IHateDida
    • 16th Nov 08, 4:52 PM
    • 16th Nov 08, 4:52 PM
    I`ve got a `earn 5 times M & S points` when you soebd on home does anyone know if it will apply to technology? also not sure what it means - if the item is say £200 you would normally get 200 points on M & S card so does this mean if I can use it I would get 200 x 5 += 1000 points. sorry bit simple today. How can I find out if its for technology?

code is E8968340 for online if it helps or anyone else can use it
    Originally posted by katies mum
    Yep - it would be 1000 points. Have you also used the 500 extra points too? The code for that is E0629577. I don't think Technology is classed as "home" as if you look on their website under the menu - its in a category on its own - but its worth a try anyway. But you can use the 500 point code that I've listed above on technology though. Add this code E0629560 also for an extra 300 points. Theres also a 15% off code drifting around - worth trying: WEBS22L2.
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Nov 08, 5:02 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 16th Nov 08, 5:02 PM
    • 16th Nov 08, 5:02 PM
    Thanks, I tried the 15% and that one wouldn`t work on technology. didn`t know it was possible to use more than one code on a transaction. They don`t seem to offer any really good points on technology! it was posted on one of the other sections earlier that M & S are meant to be having a 20% day next thursday! do you know if these days include technology as it may be worth waiting?
    • IHateDida
    • By IHateDida 16th Nov 08, 5:07 PM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    IHateDida
    • 16th Nov 08, 5:07 PM
    • 16th Nov 08, 5:07 PM
    Thanks, I tried the 15% and that one wouldn`t work on technology. didn`t know it was possible to use more than one code on a transaction. They don`t seem to offer any really good points on technology! it was posted on one of the other sections earlier that M & S are meant to be having a 20% day next thursday! do you know if these days include technology as it may be worth waiting?
    I think they offer less on technology on the 20% off days - although I'm not sure.

You can use as many extra point vouchers as you can find one one order - I used 3 and split them up into 2 x £30 orders and used them twice and they seemed to work on both orders! LOL!
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Nov 08, 5:16 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 16th Nov 08, 5:16 PM
    • 16th Nov 08, 5:16 PM
    Thank you, think I`ll hold on a day or so and see if they do have an event on thursday and how much they have off technology, if not will use these codes.

Thanks again.
    • Elljay
    • By Elljay 16th Nov 08, 9:23 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 616 Thanks
    Elljay
    • 16th Nov 08, 9:23 PM
    • 16th Nov 08, 9:23 PM
    It won't be off technology the mark up is too low apparently!
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 16th Nov 08, 11:26 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 16th Nov 08, 11:26 PM
    • 16th Nov 08, 11:26 PM
    I`m gutted, won`t they do anything off technology?
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 17th Nov 08, 5:10 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    katies mum
    • 17th Nov 08, 5:10 PM
    • 17th Nov 08, 5:10 PM
    Just tried the codes and it wouldn`t accept the 500 points one, I`ve not ordered yet so am wondering is there anything else I can try, it took the one for 300 points. thanks
    • IHateDida
    • By IHateDida 17th Nov 08, 7:31 PM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    IHateDida
    • 17th Nov 08, 7:31 PM
    • 17th Nov 08, 7:31 PM
    Just tried the codes and it wouldn`t accept the 500 points one, I`ve not ordered yet so am wondering is there anything else I can try, it took the one for 300 points. thanks
    Just looked in my email - until midnight on the 18th - get 10x points with this code: E0629881

I'm surprised it didn't allow you the 500 points one as it was sent to me on a generic leaflet (not personalised to me) with pictures of TV's and a Wii on the leaflet!:confused:
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 18th Nov 08, 3:00 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    katies mum
    Thanks for the code, I input my order and it didn`t reject them - but how do I know if the codes have worked and I will get extra points - it doesn`t actually tell you anywhere!! is there any way to see them before pressing the button to confirm the order just to make sure they have allowed them?

Thanks
    • IHateDida
    • By IHateDida 18th Nov 08, 9:57 PM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    IHateDida
    Thanks for the code, I input my order and it didn`t reject them - but how do I know if the codes have worked and I will get extra points - it doesn`t actually tell you anywhere!! is there any way to see them before pressing the button to confirm the order just to make sure they have allowed them?

Thanks
    No - but it does add "promotion applied" at the bottom near the total every time you add a voucher. I've never had any points rejected once they have appeared as "promotion applied".
    • katies mum
    • By katies mum 19th Nov 08, 12:25 AM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    katies mum
    Thank you, I`ll look out for that and have another go. Didn`t know what to look for so must have missed it if it worked.
  • capricorn36
    I forgot to present my voucher!
    I bought clothing and food and forgot to present my voucher to earn 5 times on clothing or home and 3 times M & S points on food, wine & flowers.

When I next went into M&S in Sheffield and locally I presented them with the relevant till receipt and asked if they would add the points due. They said that it was not possible.

If the same thing had happened in Sainsbury or (Tesco I believe) points are added retrospectively.

Has anyone any knowledge about whether or not it is true that M & S are unable (or just refuse) to add points retrospectively providing that documentation is produced?
    • lulu650
    • By lulu650 26th Apr 09, 6:51 PM
    • 784 Posts
    • 894 Thanks
    lulu650
    I've had the same experience Capricorn. A sales assistant once took an extra 500 points coupon from me but forgot to ask me to pay by the M&S credit card. There's no way of tracing it apparently.......according to customer services anyway ;-(
    Saving money right, left and centre
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,714Posts Today

5,276Users online

Martin's Twitter