IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
M & S points
Closed Thread
Views: 4,775
# 1
WOW Factor 0
katies mum
Old 16-11-2008, 4:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default M & S points

I`ve got a `earn 5 times M & S points` when you soebd on home does anyone know if it will apply to technology? also not sure what it means - if the item is say £200 you would normally get 200 points on M & S card so does this mean if I can use it I would get 200 x 5 += 1000 points. sorry bit simple today. How can I find out if its for technology?

code is E8968340 for online if it helps or anyone else can use it
The Following User Says Thank You to katies mum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
IHateDida
Old 16-11-2008, 4:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katies mum View Post
I`ve got a `earn 5 times M & S points` when you soebd on home does anyone know if it will apply to technology? also not sure what it means - if the item is say £200 you would normally get 200 points on M & S card so does this mean if I can use it I would get 200 x 5 += 1000 points. sorry bit simple today. How can I find out if its for technology?

code is E8968340 for online if it helps or anyone else can use it
Yep - it would be 1000 points. Have you also used the 500 extra points too? The code for that is E0629577. I don't think Technology is classed as "home" as if you look on their website under the menu - its in a category on its own - but its worth a try anyway. But you can use the 500 point code that I've listed above on technology though. Add this code E0629560 also for an extra 300 points. Theres also a 15% off code drifting around - worth trying: WEBS22L2.
# 3
katies mum
Old 16-11-2008, 5:02 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks, I tried the 15% and that one wouldn`t work on technology. didn`t know it was possible to use more than one code on a transaction. They don`t seem to offer any really good points on technology! it was posted on one of the other sections earlier that M & S are meant to be having a 20% day next thursday! do you know if these days include technology as it may be worth waiting?
# 4
IHateDida
Old 16-11-2008, 5:07 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Thanks, I tried the 15% and that one wouldn`t work on technology. didn`t know it was possible to use more than one code on a transaction. They don`t seem to offer any really good points on technology! it was posted on one of the other sections earlier that M & S are meant to be having a 20% day next thursday! do you know if these days include technology as it may be worth waiting?
I think they offer less on technology on the 20% off days - although I'm not sure.

You can use as many extra point vouchers as you can find one one order - I used 3 and split them up into 2 x £30 orders and used them twice and they seemed to work on both orders! LOL!
# 5
katies mum
Old 16-11-2008, 5:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thank you, think I`ll hold on a day or so and see if they do have an event on thursday and how much they have off technology, if not will use these codes.

Thanks again.
# 6
Elljay
Old 16-11-2008, 9:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

It won't be off technology the mark up is too low apparently!
# 7
katies mum
Old 16-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I`m gutted, won`t they do anything off technology?
# 8
katies mum
Old 17-11-2008, 5:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just tried the codes and it wouldn`t accept the 500 points one, I`ve not ordered yet so am wondering is there anything else I can try, it took the one for 300 points. thanks
# 9
IHateDida
Old 17-11-2008, 7:31 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Just tried the codes and it wouldn`t accept the 500 points one, I`ve not ordered yet so am wondering is there anything else I can try, it took the one for 300 points. thanks
Just looked in my email - until midnight on the 18th - get 10x points with this code: E0629881

I'm surprised it didn't allow you the 500 points one as it was sent to me on a generic leaflet (not personalised to me) with pictures of TV's and a Wii on the leaflet!:confused:
# 10
katies mum
Old 18-11-2008, 3:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks for the code, I input my order and it didn`t reject them - but how do I know if the codes have worked and I will get extra points - it doesn`t actually tell you anywhere!! is there any way to see them before pressing the button to confirm the order just to make sure they have allowed them?

Thanks
# 11
IHateDida
Old 18-11-2008, 9:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the code, I input my order and it didn`t reject them - but how do I know if the codes have worked and I will get extra points - it doesn`t actually tell you anywhere!! is there any way to see them before pressing the button to confirm the order just to make sure they have allowed them?

Thanks
No - but it does add "promotion applied" at the bottom near the total every time you add a voucher. I've never had any points rejected once they have appeared as "promotion applied".
# 12
katies mum
Old 19-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thank you, I`ll look out for that and have another go. Didn`t know what to look for so must have missed it if it worked.
# 13
capricorn36
Old 26-04-2009, 5:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default I forgot to present my voucher!

I bought clothing and food and forgot to present my voucher to earn 5 times on clothing or home and 3 times M & S points on food, wine & flowers.

When I next went into M&S in Sheffield and locally I presented them with the relevant till receipt and asked if they would add the points due. They said that it was not possible.

If the same thing had happened in Sainsbury or (Tesco I believe) points are added retrospectively.

Has anyone any knowledge about whether or not it is true that M & S are unable (or just refuse) to add points retrospectively providing that documentation is produced?
# 14
lulu650
Old 26-04-2009, 6:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've had the same experience Capricorn. A sales assistant once took an extra 500 points coupon from me but forgot to ask me to pay by the M&S credit card. There's no way of tracing it apparently.......according to customer services anyway ;-(
Saving money right, left and centre
Closed Thread