Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Freebies (no spend required) > Free concerts/gigs for volunteer workers. orange ... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Free concerts/gigs for volunteer workers. orange rock corps
Views: 32,239
# 1
WOW Factor 0
lorweld
Old 30-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Send a message via MSN to lorweld
Default See Lady Gaga & more acts for free!!!!!

Quote:
HELP THE COMMUNITY - SEE GAGA!

Yes in association with those people at Orange, you could be seeing Gaga do an amazing gig with the kids who, right now, are tearing up the charts, N-Dubz.

All you have to do is four hours community service and you could be going to the party at The Royal Albert Hall this September.

For more details see
orangerockcorps.co.uk.

Projects in London and Manchester so far.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?

I'm the Board Guide on the Freebies, Freebies (Low Spend) Board, Travel, Trips & Holidays, Motoring & Public Transport& Site Feedback: Questions & suggestions boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

Last edited by MSE Wendy; 11-08-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorweld For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
discobaby
Old 30-05-2009, 7:09 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorweld View Post
Looks good, I signed up but there are only 5 projects in Manchester within the next couple of weeks, also it is a prize draw, so competition as such, you are not guaranteed to get to go:

ROCKCORPS LIMITED ROCKCORPS COLLECTIVE FREE DRAWS RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO THE FREE DRAWS AND WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
    Thank you for your interest in the "RockCorps Collective Free Draws" (the "Draws"). If you would like to participate in the Draws and become eligible to receive a prize, follow the steps outlined below. By participating in the Draws or accepting these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these T&Cs.
The Following User Says Thank You to discobaby For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
layla1979
Old 30-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I also signed up but only projects in Manchester
Thanks to everyone who posts twitter @laylafletcher FB layla fletcher
The Following User Says Thank You to layla1979 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
lorweld
Old 31-05-2009, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobaby View Post
Looks good, I signed up but there are only 5 projects in Manchester within the next couple of weeks, also it is a prize draw, so competition as such, you are not guaranteed to get to go:

ROCKCORPS LIMITED ROCKCORPS COLLECTIVE FREE DRAWS RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO THE FREE DRAWS AND WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
    Thank you for your interest in the "RockCorps Collective Free Draws" (the "Draws"). If you would like to participate in the Draws and become eligible to receive a prize, follow the steps outlined below. By participating in the Draws or accepting these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these T&Cs.
Yeah Discobaby I read it as that too but it's not a competition in the traditional sense. I *think* that most people who participate in the project ie volunteer 4 hours of community work receive a free ticket.

I could of course be totally wrong.

I'd love to hear from people who have participated last year.

However, I think this is an excellent concept. A great way to give something back to the community.

I'm the Board Guide on the Freebies, Freebies (Low Spend) Board, Travel, Trips & Holidays, Motoring & Public Transport& Site Feedback: Questions & suggestions boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to lorweld For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Feral_Girl
Old 31-05-2009, 10:59 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Only projects in Manchester though
90s rave reject.
The Following User Says Thank You to Feral_Girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
cooldude255220
Old 31-05-2009, 7:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Maybe the concert is in manchester?
2013 Wins: Bag of Cadbury Splats and 2 cinema tickets, Golden Dog Bowl, Hotel Chocolat Classic Collection, Breakfast for two at Frankie and Benny's, £5 Costa Coffee Gift Card, Gingerbread Man, Greggs Breakfast, Cross Century Classic Ballpoint Pen.
The Following User Says Thank You to cooldude255220 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
mrsyorkie
Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Latest news

Manchester projects are Go! 28 May 2009

Register now, and sign up for Manchester based projects for the gig at the Manchester apollo on July 13th
London projects will start in August for the Royal Albert Hall gig on September 25th. You can register now, but keep checking the site for projects a little nearer the time.
We're looking forward to a busy summer!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsyorkie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Flickering Ember
Old 01-06-2009, 8:54 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I've been with Rock Corps for a long time now and it's definitely worth it.
Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flickering Ember For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
tobybowes
Old 01-06-2009, 2:49 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Wish there were projects in my area btw that isnt a referal link is it lorweld?
2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnum® Pleasure Card
2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
The Following User Says Thank You to tobybowes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
lorweld
Old 01-06-2009, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobybowes View Post
Wish there were projects in my area btw that isnt a referal link is it lorweld?
no it's not. I can't even participate because I'm in Ireland. It was a link I got from an email.

The Following User Says Thank You to lorweld For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Micro Law
Old 02-06-2009, 2:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

This is a great event to get involved in. Done it last year, and just done my project for this year on wed 27th May at the Launch project for london at Tower Hamlets cemetery park. The acts for this year for london are tbc. but last year we had the likes of busta rhymes, john legend, guillemots and dizee rascal. If you can spare 4 hours of your time, i recommend doing this!
Wins: Annual Taste London Membership * Fabulous Mag comp Vie spray on tights * Rimmel Pro nail Varnish * Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara * Walking with dinosaurs family of 4 pass at Wembley Arena * Baptiste 3 trial size dry shampoo and mini brush

£671.87 reclaimed in bank charges!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micro Law For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
stphnstevey
Old 26-07-2009, 8:42 PM

Is this just in london of outside london as well?
The Following User Says Thank You to stphnstevey For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
hoyles10
Old 26-07-2009, 8:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

A couple of my friends did it. They spend 5 or 6 hours clearing up litter and in return they were given tickets for a concert with NDubz, The Enemy and Lady GaGa and they loved it.

That was in Manchester so they do it outside London.
The Following User Says Thank You to hoyles10 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
candyflossing
Old 28-07-2009, 9:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via ICQ to candyflossing

3 of us applied but didn't realise it was a competition. There is a high chance that only one of us will get through without the other two, in which case we will not go alone. They should let you apply and win in groups or at least pairs so people are guaranteed to be with friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to candyflossing For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
waterhouse_melons
Old 19-08-2009, 8:27 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Orange Rockcorps

If you have'nt heard about it click here.
I'm just wondering if anyone has used them yet and if so, what they think about them? I really want to go to Reading Festival(either this year or next) and I'm using my MSE brain of mine to use this as a cheap method?
Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
Thanks to all posters on here
# 16
reehsetin
Old 19-08-2009, 8:29 PM

you only get tickets to the rock corp gigs not the reading festival the gigs available are here http://projects.orangerockcorps.co.uk/thegigs.asp
Yes Your Dukeiness
# 17
waterhouse_melons
Old 19-08-2009, 8:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reehsetin View Post
you only get tickets to the rock corp gigs not the reading festival the gigs available are here http://projects.orangerockcorps.co.uk/thegigs.asp
Yeah, I realised that just after I posted this
Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
Thanks to all posters on here
# 18
Maybeelady
Old 19-08-2009, 10:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I did a project last weekend in London, and everyone there was given a ticket (plus a t-shirt & work gloves, sandwiches/crisps and water - with a DJ playing while you work). It was a great afternoon and we achieved alot in an afternoon.

Well worth doing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maybeelady For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Maybeelady
Old 19-08-2009, 10:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

And if you're not in London, you can do a project near you (4hrs) and get the following magazines for free plus go in the draw for a trip to the Paris gig/mobile phones.

Did you know that you can give 4 hours of volunteering wherever, whenever you want and still get given great music rewards in return? Just join the Orange RockCorps Collective, tell us how you gave 4 hours of your time to make a difference and you'll get a reward: 6 months' free subscription to Q Magazine, or 3 months' free subscription to Kerrang! Magazine.

And there's more! Tell us your story by the 11th September and you and a friend could be heading for Paris to be VIP guests at the Orange RockCorps gig on the 2nd October. The prize will include your travel and accommodation and tickets to the gig, plus the VIP reception. Or perhaps you'll win an exclusive red W995 WalkmanTM from Sony Ericsson, Orange RockCorps partner, complete with up to 60 downloadable movies and a free matching speaker.

If you don't know any charities or volunteering projects, that's not a problem. Just go to the '
Find a Collective Project' section on our website to see Orange RockCorps partners and a full list of opportunities from our friends at www.do-it.org.uk. Please remember that your Orange RockCorps project is not eligible for The Collective. Go on - get involved!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maybeelady For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
calder230
Old 20-08-2009, 11:29 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

How does getting rewarded by concert tickets count as volunteer work? As volunteer work is meant to be rewarded by the satisfaction your doing something worthwhile and not expecting payment by whatever means for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to calder230 For This Useful Post: Show me >>