Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lorweld
    • By lorweld 30th May 09, 12:34 AM
    • 5,102Posts
    • 131,324Thanks
    lorweld
    0 WOW
    See Lady Gaga & more acts for free!!!!!
    • 30th May 09, 12:34 AM
    0 WOW
    See Lady Gaga & more acts for free!!!!! 30th May 09 at 12:34 AM
    HELP THE COMMUNITY - SEE GAGA!

Yes in association with those people at Orange, you could be seeing Gaga do an amazing gig with the kids who, right now, are tearing up the charts, N-Dubz.

All you have to do is four hours community service and you could be going to the party at The Royal Albert Hall this September.

For more details see
    orangerockcorps.co.uk.

Projects in London and Manchester so far.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 11-08-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?

I'm the Board Guide on the Freebies, Freebies (Low Spend) Board, Travel, Trips & Holidays, Motoring & Public Transport& Site Feedback: Questions & suggestions boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Page 1
  • discobaby
    • 30th May 09, 7:09 AM
    • 30th May 09, 7:09 AM
    Looks good, I signed up but there are only 5 projects in Manchester within the next couple of weeks, also it is a prize draw, so competition as such, you are not guaranteed to get to go:

ROCKCORPS LIMITED ROCKCORPS COLLECTIVE FREE DRAWS RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO THE FREE DRAWS AND WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
      Thank you for your interest in the "RockCorps Collective Free Draws" (the "Draws"). If you would like to participate in the Draws and become eligible to receive a prize, follow the steps outlined below. By participating in the Draws or accepting these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these T&Cs.
    • layla1979
    • By layla1979 30th May 09, 10:51 AM
    • 1,593 Posts
    • 47,529 Thanks
    layla1979
    • 30th May 09, 10:51 AM
    • 30th May 09, 10:51 AM
    I also signed up but only projects in Manchester
    Thanks to everyone who posts
    @laylafletcher FB layla fletcher
    IM GETTING MARRIED
    • lorweld
    • By lorweld 31st May 09, 8:31 AM
    • 5,102 Posts
    • 131,324 Thanks
    lorweld
    • 31st May 09, 8:31 AM
    • 31st May 09, 8:31 AM
    Looks good, I signed up but there are only 5 projects in Manchester within the next couple of weeks, also it is a prize draw, so competition as such, you are not guaranteed to get to go:

ROCKCORPS LIMITED ROCKCORPS COLLECTIVE FREE DRAWS RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO THE FREE DRAWS AND WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
      Thank you for your interest in the "RockCorps Collective Free Draws" (the "Draws"). If you would like to participate in the Draws and become eligible to receive a prize, follow the steps outlined below. By participating in the Draws or accepting these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these T&Cs.
    Originally posted by discobaby
    Yeah Discobaby I read it as that too but it's not a competition in the traditional sense. I *think* that most people who participate in the project ie volunteer 4 hours of community work receive a free ticket.

I could of course be totally wrong.

I'd love to hear from people who have participated last year.

However, I think this is an excellent concept. A great way to give something back to the community.

I'm the Board Guide on the Freebies, Freebies (Low Spend) Board, Travel, Trips & Holidays, Motoring & Public Transport& Site Feedback: Questions & suggestions boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Feral_Girl
    • 31st May 09, 10:59 AM
    • 31st May 09, 10:59 AM
    Only projects in Manchester though
    90s rave reject.
    • cooldude255220
    • By cooldude255220 31st May 09, 7:19 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 7,005 Thanks
    cooldude255220
    • 31st May 09, 7:19 PM
    • 31st May 09, 7:19 PM
    Maybe the concert is in manchester?
    2016 MSE Wins: Colgate ProClinical Pocket-Pro toothbrush
    • mrsyorkie
    • By mrsyorkie 1st Jun 09, 12:29 AM
    • 928 Posts
    • 1,703 Thanks
    mrsyorkie
    • 1st Jun 09, 12:29 AM
    • 1st Jun 09, 12:29 AM
    Latest news

Manchester projects are Go! 28 May 2009

Register now, and sign up for Manchester based projects for the gig at the Manchester apollo on July 13th
    London projects will start in August for the Royal Albert Hall gig on September 25th. You can register now, but keep checking the site for projects a little nearer the time.
    We're looking forward to a busy summer!

• Flickering Ember
    • By Flickering Ember 1st Jun 09, 8:54 AM
    • 11,392 Posts
    • 125,814 Thanks
    Flickering Ember
    • 1st Jun 09, 8:54 AM
    • 1st Jun 09, 8:54 AM
    I've been with Rock Corps for a long time now and it's definitely worth it.
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
  • tobybowes
    • 1st Jun 09, 2:49 PM
    • 1st Jun 09, 2:49 PM
    Wish there were projects in my area btw that isnt a referal link is it lorweld?
    2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
    2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnumģ Pleasure Card
    2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
    • lorweld
    • By lorweld 1st Jun 09, 3:05 PM
    • 5,102 Posts
    • 131,324 Thanks
    lorweld
    Wish there were projects in my area btw that isnt a referal link is it lorweld?
    Originally posted by tobybowes
    no it's not. I can't even participate because I'm in Ireland. It was a link I got from an email.

• Micro Law
    This is a great event to get involved in. Done it last year, and just done my project for this year on wed 27th May at the Launch project for london at Tower Hamlets cemetery park. The acts for this year for london are tbc. but last year we had the likes of busta rhymes, john legend, guillemots and dizee rascal. If you can spare 4 hours of your time, i recommend doing this!
    Wins: Annual Taste London Membership * Fabulous Mag comp Vie spray on tights * Rimmel Pro nail Varnish * Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara * Walking with dinosaurs family of 4 pass at Wembley Arena * Baptiste 3 trial size dry shampoo and mini brush

£671.87 reclaimed in bank charges!
    • stphnstevey
    • By stphnstevey 26th Jul 09, 8:42 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    stphnstevey
    Is this just in london of outside london as well?
  • hoyles10
    A couple of my friends did it. They spend 5 or 6 hours clearing up litter and in return they were given tickets for a concert with NDubz, The Enemy and Lady GaGa and they loved it.

That was in Manchester so they do it outside London.
  • candyflossing
    3 of us applied but didn't realise it was a competition. There is a high chance that only one of us will get through without the other two, in which case we will not go alone. They should let you apply and win in groups or at least pairs so people are guaranteed to be with friends.
    MSE addict since 2007
    • waterhouse_melons
    • By waterhouse_melons 19th Aug 09, 8:27 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 9,265 Thanks
    waterhouse_melons
    Orange Rockcorps
    If you have'nt heard about it click here.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has used them yet and if so, what they think about them? I really want to go to Reading Festival(either this year or next) and I'm using my MSE brain of mine to use this as a cheap method?
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here
    • reehsetin
    • By reehsetin 19th Aug 09, 8:29 PM
    • 4,785 Posts
    • 4,512 Thanks
    reehsetin
    you only get tickets to the rock corp gigs not the reading festival the gigs available are here http://projects.orangerockcorps.co.uk/thegigs.asp
    Yes Your Dukeiness
    • waterhouse_melons
    • By waterhouse_melons 19th Aug 09, 8:40 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 9,265 Thanks
    waterhouse_melons
    you only get tickets to the rock corp gigs not the reading festival the gigs available are here http://projects.orangerockcorps.co.uk/thegigs.asp
    Originally posted by reehsetin
    Yeah, I realised that just after I posted this
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here
  • Maybeelady
    I did a project last weekend in London, and everyone there was given a ticket (plus a t-shirt & work gloves, sandwiches/crisps and water - with a DJ playing while you work). It was a great afternoon and we achieved alot in an afternoon.

Well worth doing!
  • Maybeelady
    And if you're not in London, you can do a project near you (4hrs) and get the following magazines for free plus go in the draw for a trip to the Paris gig/mobile phones.

Did you know that you can give 4 hours of volunteering wherever, whenever you want and still get given great music rewards in return? Just join the Orange RockCorps Collective, tell us how you gave 4 hours of your time to make a difference and you'll get a reward: 6 months' free subscription to Q Magazine, or 3 months' free subscription to Kerrang! Magazine.

And there's more! Tell us your story by the 11th September and you and a friend could be heading for Paris to be VIP guests at the Orange RockCorps gig on the 2nd October. The prize will include your travel and accommodation and tickets to the gig, plus the VIP reception. Or perhaps you'll win an exclusive red W995 WalkmanTM from Sony Ericsson, Orange RockCorps partner, complete with up to 60 downloadable movies and a free matching speaker.

If you don't know any charities or volunteering projects, that's not a problem. Just go to the '
    Find a Collective Project' section on our website to see Orange RockCorps partners and a full list of opportunities from our friends at www.do-it.org.uk. Please remember that your Orange RockCorps project is not eligible for The Collective. Go on - get involved!
  • calder230
    How does getting rewarded by concert tickets count as volunteer work? As volunteer work is meant to be rewarded by the satisfaction your doing something worthwhile and not expecting payment by whatever means for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,614Posts Today

8,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin