Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    BigC+WeeS
    Lendgo - bad credit mortgages - anyone know about them?
    • 1st Oct 08, 10:37 PM
    Lendgo - bad credit mortgages - anyone know about them? 1st Oct 08 at 10:37 PM
    Just a question out of curiosity - I've seen this site advertising on Google... does anyone here know anything about them, as they seem to be claiming to be able to get even folk with poor credit ratings a good mortgage. Ther emuct be a catch somewhere surely if most people are struggling to get a good deal at the moment. Their website shows an example of a 200,000 mortgage "FROM" 789 a month. Now given my current NR deal is 168,000 at 5.49% fixed 5 years ago was costing 1059 a month - how on earth do they get those figures? Is it something llike a 40 or 50 year mortgage? Just doesn't seem possible to me
    Debt problems? It's never too late to get help - just ask the friendly folk on this forum!
Page 1
    • koexelek
    • By koexelek 1st Oct 08, 10:49 PM
    • 7,421 Posts
    • 15,610 Thanks
    koexelek
    • 1st Oct 08, 10:49 PM
    • 1st Oct 08, 10:49 PM
    Their website shows an example of a 200,000 mortgage "FROM" 789 a month.
    Originally posted by BigC+WeeS
    that works out at 4.73%.

If they can do that for people with credit problems, I dread to think what they can offer a squeaky clean client :rolleyes:
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • SouthCoast
    • 1st Oct 08, 10:51 PM
    • 1st Oct 08, 10:51 PM
    If it looks too good to be true.............
  • Toughluck
    • 2nd Oct 08, 2:43 PM
    • 2nd Oct 08, 2:43 PM
    Its a pile of sh*t. It is a draw onto their enquiry line and you'll end up going to GE "crooks" Money.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Take advice with a pinch of sea salt!
  • BYALPHAINDIA
    • 3rd Oct 08, 12:45 AM
    • 3rd Oct 08, 12:45 AM
    I agree, You get 'nowt for nowt' in this world.

There is a catch they will probably ask you to put a fair amount down for your deposit.

I knew of one company who used to take (backhanders) of about 3,000 to get you a mortgage not a legitimate one but a mortgage.

One broker had friends in different companies who would take a (backhander)

And these were people at high st banks etc.

So my answer is be careful, They may get you a mortgage but it would cost you money.

Best Of Luck.
    • koexelek
    • By koexelek 3rd Oct 08, 8:06 AM
    • 7,421 Posts
    • 15,610 Thanks
    koexelek
    • 3rd Oct 08, 8:06 AM
    • 3rd Oct 08, 8:06 AM
    I agree, You get 'nowt for nowt' in this world.

There is a catch they will probably ask you to put a fair amount down for your deposit.

I knew of one company who used to take (backhanders) of about 3,000 to get you a mortgage not a legitimate one but a mortgage.

One broker had friends in different companies who would take a (backhander)

And these were people at high st banks etc.

So my answer is be careful, They may get you a mortgage but it would cost you money.

Best Of Luck.
    Originally posted by BYALPHAINDIA
    Yes, I know brokers involved in these murky areas too.
    The bit I could never get my head round is why a broker would risk prison for 3000 ?
    Broker I know went to jail for six months for mortgage fraud.
    He's now out again, doing exactly the same thing, but in someone elses' name
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • BigC+WeeS
    • 4th Oct 08, 12:29 PM
    • 4th Oct 08, 12:29 PM
    Thanks for all your replies folks, I won't be touching with anyone else's bargepole, never mind my own!
    Debt problems? It's never too late to get help - just ask the friendly folk on this forum!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

240Posts Today

1,398Users online

Martin's Twitter