Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • barongreenback
    • 27th Sep 08, 12:23 PM
    • 27th Sep 08, 12:23 PM
    Apparently this is a good idea because it protects your car from scratches too.
  • moonklash
    • 27th Sep 08, 1:22 PM
    • 27th Sep 08, 1:22 PM
    I've been googling it and nearly all sites I've found require you to:
    *Pay a registration fee
    *This will enrol you on heir website
    *They'll then tell you which companies will pay to advertise on your car.

- In other words, a con. The one site that doesn't seem to do this is the "comm-motion" link above. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

A few sites have pointed out that if you don't do a full body wrap then some parts of your car will be in the sun and the paint on those parts will fade, which wouldn't be too good...
    • save-a-lot
    • By save-a-lot 7th Oct 08, 12:11 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    save-a-lot
    • 7th Oct 08, 12:11 AM
    • 7th Oct 08, 12:11 AM
    I've been googling it and nearly all sites I've found require you to:
    *Pay a registration fee
    *This will enrol you on heir website
    *They'll then tell you which companies will pay to advertise on your car.

- In other words, a con. The one site that doesn't seem to do this is the "comm-motion" link above. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

A few sites have pointed out that if you don't do a full body wrap then some parts of your car will be in the sun and the paint on those parts will fade, which wouldn't be too good...
    Originally posted by moonklash
    I have been in direct contact with the companies that offer this and never heard anything even though I have a Smart car and drive through affluent and busy places. Also, in hindsight, having your car as an advertising billboard may draw the wrong sort of attention to your car too.
  • moonklash
    • 8th Oct 08, 10:33 PM
    • 8th Oct 08, 10:33 PM
    I've registered but not heard anything back yet. I have to admit, what you've said about making the car noticeable concerns me as well. Not sure what I think about turning my car into a billboard, gonna wait and see what happens methinks.
    Last edited by moonklash; 08-10-2008 at 10:36 PM.
    • TDQO
    • By TDQO 9th Oct 08, 6:23 AM
    • 803 Posts
    • 1,452 Thanks
    TDQO
    • 9th Oct 08, 6:23 AM
    • 9th Oct 08, 6:23 AM
    Why don't you contact the companies in question directly instead of through a middleman? Then you don't have to pay anything!
  • moonklash
    • 25th Jan 09, 2:13 PM
    • 25th Jan 09, 2:13 PM
    Oh well, I never heard back from the companies in any case. I think the people that charge a registration fee are certain taking your money and you're unlikely to get anything back. The sites that offer free registration may be worth taking a look at but it seams to be a bit of a lottery as to whether you'll be chosen....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,485Posts Today

7,071Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin