Paid to advertising on the side of my car?

Hi there!

At work a couple of days ago someone quite excitedly told us he'd found a website that would pay you to cover your car with adverts. You don't have to do anything different, just drive to work, but you would be advertising someone's product and would get some extra £££ each month.

Has anyone tried this? Is it any good? Who is the best company to use?

Here's the sites we found:
http://www.comm-motion.com/index.php?referer=&refererref=
http://www.getpaidtodriver.com/

Cheers!

Stu.

Comments

• Apparently this is a good idea because it protects your car from scratches too.
  • I've been googling it and nearly all sites I've found require you to:
    *Pay a registration fee
    *This will enrol you on heir website
    *They'll then tell you which companies will pay to advertise on your car.

- In other words, a con. The one site that doesn't seem to do this is the "comm-motion" link above. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

A few sites have pointed out that if you don't do a full body wrap then some parts of your car will be in the sun and the paint on those parts will fade, which wouldn't be too good...
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    moonklash wrote: »
    I've been googling it and nearly all sites I've found require you to:
    *Pay a registration fee
    *This will enrol you on heir website
    *They'll then tell you which companies will pay to advertise on your car.

- In other words, a con. The one site that doesn't seem to do this is the "comm-motion" link above. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

A few sites have pointed out that if you don't do a full body wrap then some parts of your car will be in the sun and the paint on those parts will fade, which wouldn't be too good...

I have been in direct contact with the companies that offer this and never heard anything even though I have a Smart car and drive through affluent and busy places. Also, in hindsight, having your car as an advertising billboard may draw the wrong sort of attention to your car too.
  • I've registered but not heard anything back yet. I have to admit, what you've said about making the car noticeable concerns me as well. Not sure what I think about turning my car into a billboard, gonna wait and see what happens methinks.
  • TDQO
    TDQO Posts: 807 Forumite
    Why don't you contact the companies in question directly instead of through a middleman? Then you don't have to pay anything!
    The size of a glory hole in an open pit should not be greater than the cross-section of the haul trucks that dump into it. Otherwise, you are bound to lose a truck, sooner or later. Source: Sergio Cha

I'm sorry for the demon I've become but you should be sorry for the angel you are not.
  • Oh well, I never heard back from the companies in any case. I think the people that charge a registration fee are certain taking your money and you're unlikely to get anything back. The sites that offer free registration may be worth taking a look at but it seams to be a bit of a lottery as to whether you'll be chosen....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure