Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • fermi
    • By fermi 19th Sep 08, 9:41 PM
    • 39,228 Posts
    • 47,072 Thanks
    fermi
    • 19th Sep 08, 9:41 PM
    • 19th Sep 08, 9:41 PM
    I'll add a link to this post in the Bankruptcy Help: Important topics, factsheets and links sticky.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • North East Derbyshire CAB
    • 22nd Sep 08, 2:43 PM
    • 22nd Sep 08, 2:43 PM
    Hi,

Just to add,

The charities & organisations we have listed may also help with other bills, costs, much needed breaks, essential household items etc and just may be worth a try.

NED-CAB
    Visit our website at www.ned-cab.org.uk or find your local CAB.

Other non-profit debt advice services:
    National Debtline: 0808 808 4000
    Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS): 0800 138 1111
    • TokSik
    • By TokSik 9th Sep 09, 10:57 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    TokSik
    • 9th Sep 09, 10:57 PM
    • 9th Sep 09, 10:57 PM
    You "may" be able to get financial assistance to pay for bankruptcy or DRO (Debt Relief Order) fees by applying to a charity for a grant to pay the fee. I maintain a regularly updated list of charities who pay bankruptcy fees at my homepage which you'll need to copy and paste into your browser homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.blackstock/funding/bankruptcy_fees.html

I hope this helps resolve the fee problem for some of you.
    Last edited by TokSik; 09-09-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,290Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin