Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zfrl
    • By zfrl 1st Sep 08, 3:44 PM
    • 602Posts
    • 492Thanks
    zfrl
    How do you find out if a company has closed down?
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:44 PM
    How do you find out if a company has closed down? 1st Sep 08 at 3:44 PM
    Hi,

Not sure where this should go but you lot in here seem to know a thing or two.

My Mum has just bought a summer house from Cloud 10 Leisure Products of Exeter. They said she would get a confirmation e-mail. She waited a few days and no e-mail arrived. She telephoned & someone confirmed they had sent it & all was OK. She has tried to get in contact since by e-mail and telephone but there is no reply. I have just tried the mobile which is disconnected!

What can she do to find out if they are still trading?

Thanks

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

Page 1
    • gunsandbanjos
    • By gunsandbanjos 1st Sep 08, 3:48 PM
    • 11,741 Posts
    • 104,338 Thanks
    gunsandbanjos
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:48 PM
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:48 PM
    Companies House should have this info. Will try and find a link for you.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
    • gunsandbanjos
    • By gunsandbanjos 1st Sep 08, 3:49 PM
    • 11,741 Posts
    • 104,338 Thanks
    gunsandbanjos
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:49 PM
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:49 PM
    This is a link to Companies House, you should be able to find what you are looking for there.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
    • zfrl
    • By zfrl 1st Sep 08, 3:50 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    zfrl
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:50 PM
    • 1st Sep 08, 3:50 PM
    Thanks but wouldn't that be later on - as this only happened in the last week?

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

• LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 1st Sep 08, 4:02 PM
    • 23,599 Posts
    • 49,970 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    • 1st Sep 08, 4:02 PM
    • 1st Sep 08, 4:02 PM
    If Administrators have been appointed they should write to all customers explaining the position. You could try a recorded delivery letter asking for details of your order. If there are administrators and your order is not in their system this would alert them to you.
  • ormus
    • 1st Sep 08, 5:11 PM
    • 1st Sep 08, 5:11 PM
    how did she pay?
    Get some gorm.
    • zfrl
    • By zfrl 2nd Sep 08, 12:40 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    zfrl
    • 2nd Sep 08, 12:40 PM
    • 2nd Sep 08, 12:40 PM
    Credit card! She wasn't going to until I said so! Shows what you can learn here.

Letter has been sent today - recorded delivery.

• superscaper
    • By superscaper 2nd Sep 08, 1:16 PM
    • 12,626 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    superscaper
    • 2nd Sep 08, 1:16 PM
    • 2nd Sep 08, 1:16 PM
    Companies House would only give info on companies. This may only be a business and not a company. There's certainly no indication I can see that makes it a company.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
    • zfrl
    • By zfrl 29th Sep 08, 2:14 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    zfrl
    • 29th Sep 08, 2:14 PM
    • 29th Sep 08, 2:14 PM
    Just to round off - mum has got her money back from the credit card company & I am now No 1 child. It won't last!

So it looks like Cloud 10 Leisure Products of Exeter are defunct!

• ormus
    well done you. spread the word far and wide.
    always use a CC when dealing with unknown companies, and anything over 100 quid anywhere.
    even rolls royce went bust once.
    Get some gorm.
  • bex12210
    tts telecoms bridgwater
    hi on dec 14th i took my phone into tts telecoms to be unlocked, i was told to return the follwing day which i did and was then told thursday and if the guy wasnt there he would take my phone to bridgwater communications, which he never did and has not opened since, how do i go about getting my phone and sim cards back and has he closed? i've been told he calls in but does not open the shutters please help as this is getting beyond a joke and i have no mobile phone
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 20th Jan 10, 1:37 PM
    • 23,599 Posts
    • 49,970 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    Their website is still operating.

http://www.ttsunlock.biz/store/home.php

Have you called them? 01278 458200. I just tried and got voicemail.
  • HarrowArrow
    Their website is still operating.

http://www.ttsunlock.biz/store/home.php

Have you called them? 01278 458200. I just tried and got voicemail.
    Originally posted by LandyAndy
    Define "operating"...like a tramp on park bench (MarkSoton?) waiting to be moved on, a website will just sit on its host until hosting renewal time.
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 20th Jan 10, 4:10 PM
    • 13,493 Posts
    • 22,963 Thanks
    pulliptears
    what about a US company? Is there an American equivalent?
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• sblack22
    I bought a car in october and it has so far broken down 4 times. since buying it i have had over 4 weeks worth of days where the car is not drivable. the garage have attempted to repair it so far but keep saying they cant find a problem. this time when it has broken again they are not answering e-mails or the phone and the website has shown no stock of cars. how do i know if they have shut down and where do i stand on getting my money back?
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 20th Dec 10, 1:06 PM
    • 23,599 Posts
    • 49,970 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    I bought a car in october and it has so far broken down 4 times. since buying it i have had over 4 weeks worth of days where the car is not drivable. the garage have attempted to repair it so far but keep saying they cant find a problem. this time when it has broken again they are not answering e-mails or the phone and the website has shown no stock of cars. how do i know if they have shut down and where do i stand on getting my money back?
    Originally posted by sblack22
    Go there and see what is happening at their site. If they've gone bust that's it. Even if they haven't you won't get your money back now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

295Posts Today

1,111Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • British Gas 5% gas only price cut's paltry, like the rest, typically youll still be RIPPED OFF £300/yr. Check now https://t.co/4z6ZQAFv5T RT

• Trust me reading about it isn't as bad as experiencing it https://t.co/c4GAjeuxcU

• Just got into an empty lift at Itv. And quite clearly there's been a very recent very farty previous resident!

• Follow Martin